Elliethestudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently trying to decide my a level options. So far I have defiantly decided on DT and business studies, along with a epq. After a levels I would want to study an area of fashion business, either visual merchandising and branding, communications or buying. In particular at the London university of arts. Can anyone recommend a third option which would be suitable and fit my future courses. Thank you.
username3673796
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does ur school offer media?
Elliethestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by hsalika)
Does ur school offer media?
Yes creative media but it’s a BTEC, would this affect my chances of university.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You need to look on their website for the course pages with the specific A level subject requirements for the courses you are interested in - and btw, you need to look at other Unis apart from just UAL.
Elliethestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
You need to look on their website for the course pages with the specific A level subject requirements for the courses you are interested in - and btw, you need to look at other Unis apart from just UAL.
Ok thank you, have been looking at others but that was my favourite.
username2895894
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elliethestudent)
I am currently trying to decide my a level options. So far I have defiantly decided on DT and business studies, along with a epq. After a levels I would want to study an area of fashion business, either visual merchandising and branding, communications or buying. In particular at the London university of arts. Can anyone recommend a third option which would be suitable and fit my future courses. Thank you.
I honestly would advice to do either Art or Design since it will be needed in a fashion related field.
I would also advice Business and Chemistry, since Chemistry involve maths and a lot of pigment are made from chemical reaction.
If you do a fourth option,I suggest to study a Language that have international relevance.
Elliethestudent
Rep:
?
Thank you for the reply. Yes business is a definite and so is DT. Will consider your suggestions and find out more from my school.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elliethestudent)
Yes creative media but it’s a BTEC, would this affect my chances of university.
Most Unis will accept A level BTEC combinations - especially for vocational courses like marketing etc.
If it isnt clear from the course page, just email the Unis with details of what you intend to take and check if that is okay for the course.
Elliethestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Most Unis will accept A level BTEC combinations - especially for vocational courses like marketing etc.
If it isnt clear from the course page, just email the Unis with details of what you intend to take and check if that is okay for the course.
Ok great thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads