The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
confused?
i only did 3 as levels in my first and got all A's. im thinking of doing further maths in my second year to meet every uni's requirements. wat modules do you take in further maths at as level. R they hard and will they conflict with the modules im already doing in maths.

erm, i think AS F. Maths consists of P4, P5 and one applied module (not sure though)....what did you have to take to do AS maths?
all the teachers at our school say that p4 is easier than p3, if that's any help to you
Reply 2
i did p1,p2 and s1. at alevels im doin p3,m1,s2

is p4 seriously easier than p3. i jus wanted to know if i can cope with it.
Reply 3
confused?
i did p1,p2 and s1. at alevels im doin p3,m1,s2

is p4 seriously easier than p3. i jus wanted to know if i can cope with it.

well, so far it's easier than p3....apparently, some schools 'cheat' by entering students in for p4 instead of p3 as part of their normal maths a-level

i'm guessing that an as in f. maths for you would probably be p4, p5 and m2/s3....not sure though
Reply 4
i just need to fill in the as level gap that i left. i can choose any subject i want but do you think its wise to choose F.maths rather than an easier option like media studies?
Reply 5
confused?
i just need to fill in the as level gap that i left. i can choose any subject i want but do you think its wise to choose F.maths rather than an easier option like media studies?

do you want to do maths at uni? if so, then it may be wise to choose it- but it's not necessary
if you're not gonna do maths at all, and are just looking for good grades to get into the uni of your choice, then there's no need to do f. maths
Reply 6
For further maths AS I did P4, and 2 applied modules
Reply 7
im not doin maths at uni.
do you have any advice on other subjects that are slightly easier.
Reply 8
juno_the
For further maths AS I did P4, and 2 applied modules

oh right, i got it slightly mixed up then
Reply 9
confused?
im not doin maths at uni.
do you have any advice on other subjects that are slightly easier.

well, since your doing maths at uni, it might be helpful to do f. maths, since you just have to do p4 (apparently easier than p3), and then two more applied modules, which could be m2 and s3. from my own experience, m2 is definetely doable....don't know a lot about s3 though, except it's got coursework.

i don't really know about easier subjects- sorry
Reply 10
mockel
well, since your doing maths at uni, it might be helpful to do f. maths, since you just have to do p4 (apparently easier than p3), and then two more applied modules, which could be m2 and s3. from my own experience, m2 is definetely doable....don't know a lot about s3 though, except it's got coursework.

i don't really know about easier subjects- sorry

You could make life easier for yourself (later on!) and do P4, P5 and P6 as part of your further maths AS.

Ben
Reply 11
is that possible, does the college pick the modules or can i choose.
Reply 12
confused?
is that possible, does the college pick the modules or can i choose.

Depends on your school. At my school, we cant choose which modules we take.
I'm doing AS F.Maths and I'm doing P4, M3 and S2.
Reply 14
is m3 difficult, will i get to do m2 at as level f.maths as i wont be doin it at alevel maths or am i not allowed to do lower than m3 at f.maths level.
confused?
is m3 difficult, will i get to do m2 at as level f.maths as i wont be doin it at alevel maths or am i not allowed to do lower than m3 at f.maths level.

What do you do for Alevel?
Reply 16
p3,s2 and m1
From Edexcel - P4 plus 2 other modules of which at least one must be applied and at least one must be an A2 unit.
So you could do P4, M2 and P5 if you wanted, but not P4,5 and 6.
Reply 19
thanx, very helpful. iwent into college today and picked up as f.maths.

Latest