The Student Room Group

Sad Subject - sorry

My baby sister died recently and today was her funeral. It really touched me in a way I’ve never felt before. I’ve experienced so many different emotions recently and haven’t known how to control them. That’s probably how I’ve lost my only friends. Things have been tough but let’s focus on the positives. In her very short life she was loved and cared for greatly by so many people and this has brought us all closer together. I have met family I never even knew I had. I learnt that I have the most wonderful aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great grandparents and so on. I just want you all to know that grieving is a part of life. Everybody will lose someone some day but in the end you just have to keep going. Hard times get easier with patience❤️
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
That's tragic. Sorry to hear it.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
That's tragic. Sorry to hear it.

Thank you❤️
Sorry for your loss
Reply 4
Original post by FloralLuxe
Sorry for your loss

Thank you x
Original post by PandaQueen
My baby sister died recently and today was her funeral. It really touched me in a way I’ve never felt before. I’ve experienced so many different emotions recently and haven’t known how to control them. That’s probably how I’ve lost my only friends. Things have been tough but let’s focus on the positives. In her very short life she was loved and cared for greatly by so many people and this has brought us all closer together. I have met family I never even knew I had. I learnt that I have the most wonderful aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great grandparents and so on. I just want you all to know that grieving is a part of life. Everybody will lose someone some day but in the end you just have to keep going. Hard times get easier with patience.

Hang on in there and celebrate her short life.
It is a lot to deal with and theres no reason to forget.
When you settle and its a little less raw, then you can get back on track. Your friends just might feel awkward. The true ones will be there to help and the others werent worthwhile in the firstplace.

Take care.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Hang on in there and celebrate her short life.
It is a lot to deal with and theres no reason to forget.
When you settle and its a little less raw, then you can get back on track. Your friends just might feel awkward. The true ones will be there to help and the others werent worthwhile in the firstplace.

Take care.

Thank you so much❤️
My baby sister died recently and today was her funeral. It really touched me in a way I’ve never felt before. I’ve experienced so many different emotions recently and haven’t known how to control them. That’s probably how I’ve lost my only friends. Things have been tough but let’s focus on the positives. In her very short life she was loved and cared for greatly by so many people and this has brought us all closer together. I have met family I never even knew I had. I learnt that I have the most wonderful aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great grandparents and so on. I just want you all to know that grieving is a part of life. Everybody will lose someone some day but in the end you just have to keep going. Hard times get easier with patience❤️

So sorry to hear about your sister - write down some of your best memories of her and that will help.

Your friends probably don't know what to say or how to comfort you - just be patient with them :smile:
This is extremely moving but I've experienced much the same, it's really great though that you are able to clear your view and focus on the positives that have come from the extremely tragic situation, if you ever need to chat or have any questions I'm here❤️ I wish you all the best and hope your family can heal as best as possible
Reply 9

That's very sad and toughing. Thank you for sharing.
I hope you're doing okay. Please consider seeing your school counsellor if you're finding it difficult to manage. It can be helpful to have somebody to talk openly with and guide you through things a little.
Best wishes.
Really very sorry for your loss and I hope that you will be okay in time. Please don't be afraid to speak out and seek help and support if that's something you need to do OP. Sending you lots of love.
Reply 11
So, so heartbroken for you. I'm sorry to hear that. It's inspiring how loving and positive you can be through some really tough times, you sound like a really strong person. Hold onto that forever.
Sending lots of love to you and your family, I wish you the best. x
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words❤️

Quick Reply

Latest