Sarah Ish
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, I’m second year biomed student
My exams are starting from next week, and I have 4 modules worth memorising.

I am just so stressed out and I was wondering if you had any tips and hints that would make my revision efficient and quicker to get it in my brain?

Thanks so much!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sarah Ish)

I am just so stressed out and I was wondering if you had any tips and hints that would make my revision efficient and quicker to get it in my brain?

Thanks so much!
Only you know what makes knowledge stick. You will have done exams before to get to this stage so what worked for you earlier? Do you make your own notes or just read and re-read stuff over and over or use any other form of memory techniques?
OwlOfFire
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sarah Ish)

Thanks so much!
Attempt lots of techniques and identify which one works for you.
Try mind maps, written notes, highlighters, flash cards, exam style questions, rereading, making up a song etc
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Depends what kind of learner you are.. Personally i'm an auditory learning so I spent most of the second semester last year just re-listening to lectures on my ipod and then re reading through the powerpoint after to add anything that i'd picked up while listening. I did this so much that by exam time i could crack the same joke as the lecturer in any given lecture (ok that's a bit sad but it worked :P)

I also made piles and piles of notes, mostly to make me feel productive... I didn't read over much of it :/

Also, idk if you get points for "extra reading" at your uni but i always found it helpful to supplement lecture concepts with the recommended textbooks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (65)
32.99%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.41%
No (52)
26.4%
I'm not sure (26)
13.2%

Watched Threads