The Student Room Group

My 21st. Male.

So yesterday was my 21st birthday, no one outside my family and about 5ish friends wished me a happy birthday. In one of the friendship groups we have almost a tradition to changed the name of our group chat to "happy birthday *name* and say happy birthday etc, I'm normally the one who changes it. But no one remembered mine. I just feel a bit betrayed and forgotten, everyone that knows me knows that I'm a very self-conscious and anxious person. Am i right to feel this way or am I just over thinking and shouldn't be to bothered?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So yesterday was my 21st birthday, no one outside my family and about 5ish friends wished me a happy birthday. In one of the friendship groups we have almost a tradition to changed the name of our group chat to "happy birthday *name* and say happy birthday etc, I'm normally the one who changes it. But no one remembered mine. I just feel a bit betrayed and forgotten, everyone that knows me knows that I'm a very self-conscious and anxious person. Am i right to feel this way or am I just over thinking and shouldn't be to bothered?

Happy belated birthday mate!

I guess it’s normal to feel a bit upset when you get let down, but try not to dwell on it too much!
Well did it show on ur FB that it's your birthday? You can't reasonably expect that people will remember your birthday

First, Happy Birthday for yesterday! :smile:

I think anyone has the right to feel down if people forgot their birthday, especially a kinda big one (not really here though).

They have have just innocently forgotten - some people just are bad at it. I for one for some reason, can remember birthdays quite well.

You could mention something in it like "Loo what i got for my 21st!!...." - then see their reaction, maybe?
thought it was about your 21 stone male :redface:

ermm happy birthday yesterday !!

[video="youtube;dGo3daSBDi0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGo3daSBDi0[/video]
Happy Birthday for yesterday.

I am always upset when people forget mine. I always remember their birthday's. I agree with Jack22031994, with mentioning what you got and see what their reaction is. If they then apologise and say Happy Birthday, you can feel slightly better. Hopefully, they would make it up to you.
Original post by tinycharlie
Well did it show on ur FB that it's your birthday? You can't reasonably expect that people will remember your birthday

You can if theyre meant to be friends surely?

God knows, what people did 13+ years ago before facebook?
Original post by Jack22031994
You can if theyre meant to be friends surely?

God knows, what people did 13+ years ago before facebook?

This guy had 5+ friends plus his entire family wish him happy birthday. That's already a lot. Do you yourself remember the birthdays of 20+ people by heart? Of course not. The OP could have simply made it so that his friends know it's his BDay on fb and not uselessly become nervous and anxious when every single person that he knows doesn't remember it because they have better things to do than remembering birthdays.
Original post by tinycharlie
This guy had 5+ friends plus his entire family wish him happy birthday. That's already a lot. Do you yourself remember the birthdays of 20+ people by heart? Of course not. The OP could have simply made it so that his friends know it's his BDay on fb and not uselessly become nervous and anxious when every single person that he knows doesn't remember it because they have better things to do than remembering birthdays.

I do actually. For some reason I can just remember birthdays for like everyone I know (and care about). I have no idea why.

I do get your point though. I'm just saying he has a right to feel down (depending how close they are), but maybe not nervous etc.
Big Happy Birthday from me. Don't let people get you down. Your family and close friends seem to really care about you, and to me, that would mean everything. You've achieved a big milestone in your life and just remember who is there for you, adjust your priorities and keep those people close to you.

Happy birthday 🎉
@tinycharlie you actually can see its my birthday via Facebook.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending