Aglaeka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am doing a mind map based around 'Human Figure' for my art GCSE and I was wondering wether anybody has any idea on what to write for it? I need to fill 2 pages and I have no clue what to do.

Thank you
e.hardy03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg same, someone please help us
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish I was back doing GCSE art instead of my degree Anyway, why don't you explore different aspects. From the basics of what you can see (like arms, eyes) to adjectives that can be used to describe the human body. There's different ways the body can be portrayed- especially in the media so you could explore that as well as cultural or societal expectations (think body image, maybe racism or how beauty standards have changed- like how women could be expected to be very thin or have perfect hourglass curves etc). There's also way the body can be used, in art, fashion, sport or dance, how our outside appearances can hide or show what's on the inside. The human figure can show beauty, pain, grace, strength, struggles. Our biological processes- something like how we change as we grow and age.

The great thing about art is that as long as you show how it relates to the subject matter and how your project has developed, you can basically do what you want!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads