Drug induced hallucinations Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
No. I've had lack-of-sleep induced hallucinations.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, but from Salvia :mad:
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I took acid. I hallucinated then.
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It wasn't anything massive - the thing is when you take hallucinogen the world is just like one big hallucination and your mind can basically manipulate any image in your head to become just about anything. In my case there was a tree which had a few orange leaves on it and they became knarled hands twisting and reaching out...everything looks all skewed, it's impossible to know what it's like without taking it but hm I hallucinated relatively little. Most of the time (I guess) you'll be seeing things all over the place.
Oh yeah I was in a room and I thought there was swirling fur/fog all over the lightshade, and in the room in general, and there were cracks in the wall and they looked like they were opening up wider and sort of...swallowing in the room.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Severe lack of sleep makes you hallucinate a lot.
griddlebone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i had a really bad trip.as nadinus said everything is skewed....like its still the same but things change if you concentrate on them etc.its hard to explain and is different for different people
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Nadinus)
It wasn't anything massive - the thing is when you take hallucinogen the world is just like one big hallucination and your mind can basically manipulate any image in your head to become just about anything. In my case there was a tree which had a few orange leaves on it and they became knarled hands twisting and reaching out...everything looks all skewed, it's impossible to know what it's like without taking it but hm I hallucinated relatively little. Most of the time (I guess) you'll be seeing things all over the place.
Oh yeah I was in a room and I thought there was swirling fur/fog all over the lightshade, and in the room in general, and there were cracks in the wall and they looked like they were opening up wider and sort of...swallowing in the room.
Awesome, how did you find the whole experience?
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I took speed for a few days (not sleeping), then one of the days, I took it and I fell half asleep just afterwards, I was at Leeds festival, and hallucinated seeing people come into my tent and having conversations with them. Thing is I know I was awake for the whole time, but it was weird. The day I got back I slept for around 2 days solid lol.

When I smoke weed I tend to just have weird dreams...although I tend to have those anyway.

Never really taken acid or anything hallucinogenic...

One of my friends took shrooms and thought his room was full of smoke, and he also thought that a china cat, was alive and was staring at him and was going to kill him...
Vampyrcorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Apparently if you lick a toad's back it will make you halluncinate because of some liquid that it produces.

I read about it in a science book :proud: .
The Boosh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
after too many shrooms in the dam i was having some pretty wierd moments - the worst being at night in the hostel when i kept seeing really ****ed up, satanic faces lurking in the dark (a bit like the exorcist) and hearing what sounded like constant whispering of a strange, satanic language. i knew it was the shrooms so i didn't freak, but i spent the night having the most graphic of nightmares and waking up suddenly. it makes me chuckle.
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by _ÆNIMA_)
Awesome, how did you find the whole experience?
Ah yes, I didn't mention a tiny detail: I had a bad trip. I wasn't going to go in to that but now people are getting curious...

So basically acid and hallucinogens are like no other drug. Other drugs get you high, they change your state of consciousness. Acid is not a sensation, a feeling, or anything else which you can vaguely imagine: it just is. You enter an entirely new state of consciousness. You still are exactly the same person, you will still act the same, it's how you choose to react to this new reality. In my case, I just pannicked.
I can't say what exactly scared me other than the trip itself. And let me tell anyone who is planning on taking it: You do not, absolutely not, want a bad trip. It is the single most horrible experience I've ever had in my life, and even as I was tripping I thought to myself "wow, these trips could be even worse". So imagine having a really horrible nightmare, or having a gun pointed to your head. That's what a bad trip is like, except it lasts for hours, and it's real. You might think "but it's not real! It's just a trip!" but our view of reality is still subjected, and you new reality on acid is no less real than that when you're not.
Moral of the story: if you're going to do it, do it in a safe place with people you feel comfortable with. Prefably your own home, with close friends. I knew all this before and I was like, psh I'll be okay. I wasn't.
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squeak)
I took speed for a few days (not sleeping), then one of the days, I took it and I fell half asleep just afterwards, I was at Leeds festival, and hallucinated seeing people come into my tent and having conversations with them. Thing is I know I was awake for the whole time, but it was weird. The day I got back I slept for around 2 days solid lol.

When I smoke weed I tend to just have weird dreams...although I tend to have those anyway.

Never really taken acid or anything hallucinogenic...

One of my friends took shrooms and thought his room was full of smoke, and he also thought that a china cat, was alive and was staring at him and was going to kill him...
lol how weird, whenever I have taken shrooms it always starts off with my thinking the room is filling up with smoke as well.
YAP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hallucinations aren't always so much seeing or hearing things which wouldn't be there normally, but interpreting them in a different manner - letting ones imagination run away with itself. For instance, once I thought that a picture of a penguin was giving me a really evil look and was going to jump out of my laptop screen and do nasty things to me. I'd seen the image before several times, and I didn't hallucinate death rays coming out of the penguin's eyes or anything, but the way in which I perceived it was shifted so that I interpreted the image as such: my brain imagined extra things on top of what my eyes were telling me.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really can't believe people take stuff like this and hallucinate and stuff. Some people can't help having hallucinations and delusions and it's awful for them. I have no idea why anyone would want to induce that on purpose, it seems really perverse.
The Boosh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
because they can also be lots of fun
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
I have no idea why anyone would want to induce that on purpose, it seems really perverse.
Nor do I, it only happened when I took something I was prescribed (which, I later found out, can cause psychosis/hallucinations/paranoia/confusion/anxiety) and I spent the afternoon with my sanity on a knife-edge hoping it would go the right way soon. It did, and I didn't take it again - got some Diazepam instead, yay for benzos .
*scarlett...
Report 11 years ago
ive had different types of hallucinations from ket n pills (wich i think were once cut with acid) i had a few good ones n they wernt too extreme n i didnt see n e harm in them...sometimes things wud b exaggerated n extra colourful n sort of like u were in a magical world...

then i had a realli bad trip where i thought i was dying n i didnt even realise i was tripping i thought it was 100% real n it took hours to get out of n i ended up calling my dad n sitting with my parents thru it....

like someone said it is like a nightmare except ur actualli living thru it....
i ended up with panic attacks frm it after for months n ended up having to take medication for it...

im fine now but for about 6 months after it was still affecting me
be carefull cos u never no wats gonna happen n u cant control it...
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Nor do I, it only happened when I took something I was prescribed (which, I later found out, can cause psychosis/hallucinations/paranoia/confusion/anxiety) and I spent the afternoon with my sanity on a knife-edge hoping it would go the right way soon. It did, and I didn't take it again - got some Diazepam instead, yay for benzos .
Yeah the only time I hallucinated was when I took too much lorazepam (I won't go in to why). I thought I was in a room full of people, then I fell asleep.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Boosh)
because they can also be lots of fun
I just think it's ridiculous to mess with your mental health like that. Your brain is pretty much all you have, I'd be devastated if I damaged it in some way by doing something so stupid and unecessary.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Quite. Some people are so cavalier about drugs.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads