The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
BrenLee
We staple them to the backs of hamsters and frogs and force them to perform the complete works of Shakespere for us. It's a frightening waste of time, money and stationary but it keeps us entertained. Next week I believe we are having The Taming of the Shrew :s-smilie:

but seriously...

We use them for ID cards and keep one attached to your paperwork so if someone tries to pass themselves off as you we can call in the feds.

Hmmm... my offer confirmation thing with my passport photo and student information card was never recieved so I was sent another thing to sign by email but was told I didn't need to send more photos/ another information card. Does this mean I won't get an ID card?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
ive got my offer for Nottingham accommodation and i need to send the deposit off by the end of this week.
i also need to send off the payment schedule but i may change bank accounts as i am now going to open a new student account and may move to a different bank, so the bank account details will change, can i change this at a later date as i doubt my account will be opened by the time i pay the deposit. also im getting a twin studio with my friend so our fees are 6391(roughly 3200 each) do we need to send off just one set of forms or both as the information will be mostly the same. im assuming that since they want the total fees we make one person pay the fees and the other pays them the money to do this.

oh and since both our offers are conditional what happens if one of us does not get into Nottingham on results day, does the other have to look for new accommodation or....
Reply 302
BrenLee, i signed with Derwent Living for Raleigh Park but they never asked me for a passport photo. I did send them a signed tenancy agreement and guarantor agreement. do you think they should've asked for photos? or is it just for uni park?
Reply 303
smellybaby
ive got my offer for Nottingham accommodation and i need to send the deposit off by the end of this week.
i also need to send off the payment schedule but i may change bank accounts as i am now going to open a new student account and may move to a different bank, so the bank account details will change, can i change this at a later date as i doubt my account will be opened by the time i pay the deposit. also im getting a twin studio with my friend so our fees are 6391(roughly 3200 each) do we need to send off just one set of forms or both as the information will be mostly the same. im assuming that since they want the total fees we make one person pay the fees and the other pays them the money to do this.

oh and since both our offers are conditional what happens if one of us does not get into Nottingham on results day, does the other have to look for new accommodation or....

Soooo many questions and not a question mark in sight!

You can change your bank details at any point so don't worry about that.

Both sets of papers need to be sent back, but feel free to pay together.

If one of you fail to get in then that person will be released the other person will be required to pay for the whole twin studio, find someone else to take up the slack or change room type.

B:smile:
Reply 304
travisfan
BrenLee, i signed with Derwent Living for Raleigh Park but they never asked me for a passport photo. I did send them a signed tenancy agreement and guarantor agreement. do you think they should've asked for photos? or is it just for uni park?

Don't worry someone will ask at some point for the photos, probably the security office.

Reply 305
kit603
Hmmm... my offer confirmation thing with my passport photo and student information card was never recieved so I was sent another thing to sign by email but was told I didn't need to send more photos/ another information card. Does this mean I won't get an ID card?

Don't worry it will all get sorted eventually. Chances are you will be asked for a photo from the security office at which point they will issue the card.

Reply 306
Thanks a lot, i've been worrying a little about that lol.
thanks for answering my q's :smile: i'm not really bothered about the distance now, so i'll stick with where i've applied, thanks anyway!
BrenLee
Soooo many questions and not a question mark in sight!

You can change your bank details at any point so don't worry about that.

Both sets of papers need to be sent back, but feel free to pay together.

If one of you fail to get in then that person will be released the other person will be required to pay for the whole twin studio, find someone else to take up the slack or change room type.

yes i forgot about the question marks, oh dear am an english student too! thanks, can we send both sets of forms all together(payment schedule, letter and info card with a cheque for £250 in one envelope, we'll write names on back of photos and whatnot) just so that its all over and done with at once ?(didn't forget the question mark there!)
Reply 309
smellybaby
yes i forgot about the question marks, oh dear am an english student too! thanks, can we send both sets of forms all together(payment schedule, letter and info card with a cheque for £250 in one envelope, we'll write names on back of photos and whatnot) just so that its all over and done with at once ?(didn't forget the question mark there!)

Yep send it all back together, save on stamps.
Reply 310
Im sure this question has been asked before so i will apologise in advance for the repetition; yet i shall ask again :P I wonder, is there a certain deadline by which we will know of our accommodation or we find out whenever? Thanks!
Reply 311
hey , why havent i heard back from accomadation ppl yet, its been over 3 weeks and i have got confirmation email after completing the forms online??
Reply 312
Nadiaboo
Im sure this question has been asked before so i will apologise in advance for the repetition; yet i shall ask again :P I wonder, is there a certain deadline by which we will know of our accommodation or we find out whenever? Thanks!

There is no one deadline for everyone but we try to get them sent as fast as we can. I can tell you that we are STILL having issues with paperwork but we have started allocating to the catered halls now.

I would love to be able to say that the offers will be sent on XX date but I honestly don't know when it will happen. We will get them to you though as fast as we can.
Reply 313
ZOIKA
hey , why havent i heard back from accomadation ppl yet, its been over 3 weeks and i have got confirmation email after completing the forms online??

It takes at a minimum of 6 weeks to get an offer if you applied to catered halls.

Might not hurt to throw a please or something into the questions you are barking at us.
Reply 314
BrenLee
There is no one deadline for everyone but we try to get them sent as fast as we can. I can tell you that we are STILL having issues with paperwork but we have started allocating to the catered halls now.

I would love to be able to say that the offers will be sent on XX date but I honestly don't know when it will happen. We will get them to you though as fast as we can.

Oh, ok thank you for the information im sure it is tons of work for you people at this time of the year! :smile: It was just a tad worrying because many people from non-catered halls have already received their allocation but i concluded that it is just different paperwork etc thus i calmed myself down hehe. A minimum of 6 weeks, so i take it as my application was sent March 27 im looking at something later in May if i am lucky! Thank you once more BrenLee and good luck with all that work, i would really dislike being in your shoes at this point :wink:
Reply 315
BrenLee
It takes at a minimum of 6 weeks to get an offer if you applied to catered halls.

Might not hurt to throw a please or something into the questions you are barking at us.

my bad , sorry your right, your doing a great job here thanks :smile:
Reply 316
No probs. Glad I could help :smile:

If you want to PM your your UCAS number I'll give you some more accurate info.
Hey bren mate, do the halls (especially cripps) become really noise at night because of the drunk students etc?
Reply 318
I can't answer this because I don't live in them. You'd be better off asking people like LaTrampa, alex-hs, lewisy-boy or some the other other actual students on here. Sorry!
Reply 319
if you're unlucky and get a room facing into the quad... buy some earplugs! Or call 13013 and get security to come and tell everyone to piss off... I did once, when the tutors clearly had no intention of doing anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending