Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
This thread is closed

Ask accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Christian_j
I cant find it asked elsewhere, but I'd like to know your opinion - Newark or Southwell?

Just interested to hear which is better :smile:

Cheers

Chris

Newark is double the size of Southwell, 500ish to 200ish I think! But there's no real difference between the halls, both halls eat in the Atrium, so you'll meet people from the other hall. They're fairly close!

Southwell ftw though. :p:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Reply 41
kit603
What happens if you want to apply for a parking permit (again i'm thinking of BGP) and how much is it? When can you start applying and how likely are you to get a place?

Campus permits are hard to get but for places like BGP you can get them fairly easily for an extra charge. You can't apply for it until you've been made a room offer though but you should be sent a permit application in your offer pack.

Can't be sure on the cost so someone here will have to correct me but I think it's £50 per term.

B:smile:
Reply 42
That's a lot!!
Reply 43
Heya. Recently I've applied for, and been offered a twin room at broadgate. The thing is, I applied for this on the basis that it's a room you can share with a friend, however, I still don't know whether this is meant to be a friend who is going to study at Nottingham.

I intend to move up with my partner, but I'm not sure if I have applied for the right accomodation. I also really want to as close to university life as possible. Any help please Bren :smile:?

thanks.
Reply 44
BrenLee, can I use my mum, who lives in Norway as a financial guarantor you think?? It's for SPC, so it's UNITE though...
Reply 45
just a quick question when do when get our offers for accomodation
Reply 46
I thought they started allocating in April, so I'm surprised to see someone had an offer already.
Reply 47
travisfan
I thought they started allocating in April, so I'm surprised to see someone had an offer already.

thats what i thought...thats why im trying to find out when they allocate them as they told me it would be when my offer becomes unconditional...now im confused cause i thought it was in april
Reply 48
atd
Heya. Recently I've applied for, and been offered a twin room at broadgate. The thing is, I applied for this on the basis that it's a room you can share with a friend, however, I still don't know whether this is meant to be a friend who is going to study at Nottingham.

I intend to move up with my partner, but I'm not sure if I have applied for the right accomodation. I also really want to as close to university life as possible. Any help please Bren :smile:?

thanks.

The accommodation we offer is intended for full time students of the University only. If your partner isn't a student you might find the offer is retracted but the only way to be sure is to speak directly with Broadgate Park management. Give them a call on 0115 951 8670.

Reply 49
EvilSheep
BrenLee, can I use my mum, who lives in Norway as a financial guarantor you think?? It's for SPC, so it's UNITE though...

Unite really don't mind who you use as long as they know the payment will be guaranteed. Go ahead and give your Mum's details.

If there are any problems, Unite will get in touch.

Reply 50
silk192
just a quick question when do when get our offers for accomodation

travisfan

silk192
thats what i thought...thats why im trying to find out when they allocate them as they told me it would be when my offer becomes unconditional...now im confused cause i thought it was in april

Students returning for year 2 or 3 etc are receiving offers now. As yet we havn't sent out any accommodation offers to 1st years but are getting ready to within the next month.

Most important thing is to not panic. We are a small team here and it takes us a while to get all the offers out but we do always get them all out. If you have applied in feb you should have your offer by late April early May at the latest.

A good rule of thumb is from March onwards, apply and then wait 6 weeks. If your offer hasn't shown up get in touch but please give us those 6 weeks 1st.

When we get to July/August though things get a little manic so it sometimes takes longer.

Reply 51
BrenLee
Unite really don't mind who you use as long as they know the payment will be guaranteed. Go ahead and give your Mum's details.

If there are any problems, Unite will get in touch.

Another question: What is this direct debit thing they are talking about??
Reply 52

We don't deal with direct debits so I'm not sure...

Where have you heard this and what did they say?

B:confused:
Reply 53
Does anyone know which of the halls are shown on the Nottingham website: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/_university_park/library.html with regards to the JCR and Library? They look very nice! But on the BBC website i can't find which halls the JCR and library photos are taken from!
Reply 54

Lincoln Library not sure on the JCR though sorry!

Reply 55
It's FB's JCR.
Reply 56
Ah, they look pretty nice:smile:
Reply 57
BrenLee
We don't deal with direct debits so I'm not sure...

Where have you heard this and what did they say?

B:confused:

Well, it's on the same sheet that the stuff about a financial guarantor. They want you to choose how to pay your fees:

Option 1
Payment Frequency Annually
Number of Instalments 1
Payment due date 05th September 2008
Payment methods accepted Cheque, Credit Card*, Debit Card

Option 2
Payment Frequency Termly
Number of Instalments 3
Payment due dates 5th Sept 08 23rd Jan 09 24th Apr 09*
Payment methods accepted 1st Instalment: Credit Card*, Debit Card, Direct Debit**
2nd & 3rd Instalment: Direct Debit only

Option 3
Payment Frequency Monthly***
Number of Instalments 8
Payment due dates 5th Sep 1st Oct 3rd Nov 1st Dec 2nd
Jan 2nd
Feb 2nd Mar 1st Apr
Payment methods accepted 1st Instalment: Credit Card*, Debit Card, Direct Debit**
2nd 8th Instalments: Direct Debit only

I don't think I'll be able to pay it all in one go, and then I kind of have to use the Direct Debit thing, and I'm just a bit :confused:
Reply 58

Ok a direct debit is an instruction between Unite and the Bank so that when an installment is due it is automatically deducted from your account.
It's an easy way to pay and you don't have to worry about going to the trouble of sending in cheques etc.

Some people aren't keen on the method but really there is nothing wrong with it.
Reply 59
BrenLee
Ok a direct debit is an instruction between Unite and the Bank so that when an installment is due it is automatically deducted from your account.
It's an easy way to pay and you don't have to worry about going to the trouble of sending in cheques etc.

Some people aren't keen on the method but really there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh, ok.. Thank you :smile:

Latest

Latest