losing weight quickly Watch

Charlottehy1and
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm 5"1 and 125 lbs, im so fat and I need to lose weight asap. I'm eating 300-400 calories a day and exercising regularly, if I carry on like this how long will it take to lose 25 lbs?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
300-400 calories? that's extremely low. you're probably going to lose weight quickly but it may not be that healthy to eat that little.
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you ride a bike? Do so for 2 hours a day & you can have 1000 calories a day and still lose weight
Rojin001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With 300-400 calories, your body starts saving energy as it doesnt know when its going to get fed next, so it then burns up your muscles, making you weaker and lowering your metabolism
Charlottehy1and
Rep:
?
i understand it's not the healthiest way to do it, but it you had to guess, how long to lose 25 lbs??
IntrovertPizza
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're more likely to starve your muscle than burn fat. Jogging and other cardio is best for weight loss, just encorporate jogging/cycling with a high protein, low sugar diet. Don't starve yourself otherwise you run the risk of putting all the weight back on. You got this fam.

It's all about what TYPE of food you eat not HOW MUCH.
Rojin001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try using myfitnesspal, it allows you to enter your valories and the excersise andhelps you lose weight healthily
Kalo7854
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charlottehy1and)
I'm 5"1 and 125 lbs, im so fat and I need to lose weight asap. I'm eating 300-400 calories a day and exercising regularly, if I carry on like this how long will it take to lose 25 lbs?
If you only eat that much, as someone said above, it will actually make you lose less weight, as your body will conserve the fat for emergency energy reserves and use the protein etc from your muscles instead, so not only will you not get as fit as quickly, but you won't burn the fat at all...! It pays to just eat a relatively low-sugar diet, but eat enough every day, which should also help you have enough energy for exercising!

Also, to heighten your metabolism I read that eating small but regular meals helps, rather than taking in all your food in one go.
suga(r)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
300-400 calories is nothing, you should definitely eat at least 1100-1200 calories for weight loss, bc if you barely eat anything then the so-called yo-yo effect will appear - aka you might gain back even more weight than you had earlier

some actual tips that helped me:
- drink at least 1,5-2 litres of water per day, cut the sugary/alcoholic drinks out of your drinking habits
- exercise daily(if you have a busy day than it's totally fine only doing 10-15 minutes of exercise, it's still better than nothing), cardio is good for weight loss and there are plenty of cardio vids on youtube that you can exercise to
- you have to eat!!!! just be careful with the quality & quantity - for instance, instead of chocolate/candy/etc try to go for a healthier option

please eat and take care of yourself ♡
Shaan_Pawa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you sure you are eating 300-400 calories! that is extremely low (1 Burger is 400 Calories).
Keep a balanced diet and do regular exercise and you'll feel better and see improvement in no time.
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Google your BMR, it’s how many calories you burn if you do nothing but rest. Don’t exceed that limit, and you’ll lose weight. For weight loss you should be eating 1000-1200 calories a day.

How old are you? As someone who has a eating disorder, I’ve got to tell you that wanting to lose weight so fast and in a dangerous way is a huge warning sign. Losing 1lb a day is not only unrealistic but extremely unhealthy. If you want to be thin and healthy, this is not the way to do it. If you want to be hospitalised or lose your life to an eating disorder, you’re heading in the right direction.

Please don’t do this to yourself, it’s not worth it.
303Pharma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you lose more than 2lb in weight a week, the excess will be from muscle mass, essential water, and bone density. Starvation diets have always been a bad idea.
303Pharma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by suga(r))
some actual tips that helped me:
- drink at least 1,5-2 litres of water per day, cut the sugary/alcoholic drinks out of your drinking habits
Unless addicted to daily amphetamine or cocaine stimulants, drinking alcohol and/or soda's will make fat lose virtually impossible.
Charlottehy1and
Rep:
?
(Original post by cat_mac)
Google your BMR, it’s how many calories you burn if you do nothing but rest. Don’t exceed that limit, and you’ll lose weight. For weight loss you should be eating 1000-1200 calories a day.

How old are you? As someone who has a eating disorder, I’ve got to tell you that wanting to lose weight so fast and in a dangerous way is a huge warning sign. Losing 1lb a day is not only unrealistic but extremely unhealthy. If you want to be thin and healthy, this is not the way to do it. If you want to be hospitalised or lose your life to an eating disorder, you’re heading in the right direction.

Please don’t do this to yourself, it’s not worth it.
I'm 18, I don't have an eating disorder, I just really need to lose this weight and eating more is going to show that down surely
Gunjo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need 1,248 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week with your height
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
125lbs at 5'1" is hardly fat, it's towards the upper end of the healthy BMI range; so certainly not a lose asap deal: I'd recommend speaking to your GP about the possibility of an eating disorder like anorexia - if you want to get it down, starvation is definitely not the way to do it as has been said. Do plenty of cardio with a relatively normal diet (1200 calories per day)
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charlottehy1and)
I'm 18, I don't have an eating disorder, I just really need to lose this weight and eating more is going to show that down surely
Okay good, these posts always worry me 😅
300-400 calories isn’t enough for your body, do a bit of research on it. You’ll lose weight but you’ll damage your health, your body will store fat and break down muscle instead. You won’t loose 1lb a day for 25 days then go back to eating normally, thats just not how it works and you’ll gain weight back very quickly. Whether you have an ed mentality or not, that’s a very disordered diet and the physical effects don’t care if you think like an anorexic, you’ll still loose hair, weaken your heart, feel cold and miserable all the time.

It’s not what you want to hear but i’m really not talking crap, please look into this more.

https://www.healthline.com/health/fo...0-calorie-diet

https://www.livestrong.com/article/2...e-weight-loss/
username3529236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First of all: you are not fat at all omg!!!!
If you do want to lose weight, then this is most definitely not the way to do it (sorry to be a killjoy).
Rather than restricting what you eat in the way that you are doing: eat more healthily and cut down on fatty and sugary foods.
Not only does your body need energy in order to function, by eating only 400 calories a day, it can actually lead to your body storing this food as fats as it goes into what could be called 'starvation mode'.
Exercising is good. Don't overdo it, but a healthy amount of exercise each day with a healthy diet will mean you can lose weight fairly quickly. Also, just wanted to say again you are not fat! I promise!!
Spoiler:
Show

The reason I'm saying all this, and I know it sounds really dumb but I started out, a bit like how you're sounding right now maybe 5 months ago. My dieting quickly spiralled into a full blown eating disorder, and I ended up in hospital with an NG tube. A couple months on, and I'm still not fully back to normal eating habits: I'm restricted to a mainly liquid based diet still by my doctors.
My eating disorder has messed up my life a lot, and although I have met some incredible people so far in my recovery, i wouldn't wish what i have gone through on anyone. So, please be careful and be sensible. What can start as a 'diet' or a 'quick way to lose weight' can end in very damaging affects on your health

good luck and please message me if you want any more advice on safe weight loss- I can give help on how to lose weight quickly but safely if you want xx
Charlottehy1and
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellie.kitty)
First of all: you are not fat at all omg!!!!
If you do want to lose weight, then this is most definitely not the way to do it (sorry to be a killjoy).
Rather than restricting what you eat in the way that you are doing: eat more healthily and cut down on fatty and sugary foods.
Not only does your body need energy in order to function, by eating only 400 calories a day, it can actually lead to your body storing this food as fats as it goes into what could be called 'starvation mode'.
Exercising is good. Don't overdo it, but a healthy amount of exercise each day with a healthy diet will mean you can lose weight fairly quickly. Also, just wanted to say again you are not fat! I promise!!
Spoiler:
Show

The reason I'm saying all this, and I know it sounds really dumb but I started out, a bit like how you're sounding right now maybe 5 months ago. My dieting quickly spiralled into a full blown eating disorder, and I ended up in hospital with an NG tube. A couple months on, and I'm still not fully back to normal eating habits: I'm restricted to a mainly liquid based diet still by my doctors.
My eating disorder has messed up my life a lot, and although I have met some incredible people so far in my recovery, i wouldn't wish what i have gone through on anyone. So, please be careful and be sensible. What can start as a 'diet' or a 'quick way to lose weight' can end in very damaging affects on your health

good luck and please message me if you want any more advice on safe weight loss- I can give help on how to lose weight quickly but safely if you want xx
I just look so ugly and I'm so unhappy with how I look, id be much happy if I was 100lbs or less. is doing 2 hours a day of exercise too little for me to reach this goal? and did you feel better when you lost weight?
Charlottehy1and
Rep:
?
also did you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (57)
15.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (33)
9.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (72)
19.73%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (54)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (40)
10.96%
How can I be the best version of myself? (109)
29.86%

Watched Threads