The Student Room Group

17 and never had a relationship?

Hi, I've been wondering why I can't seem to connect with anyone on a emotional level. I have had one night stands and had sexual relationships but its just something about me (straight female btw) that stops me from being able to get connected on an emotional level with somebody. It seems Im perfect for a one night stand as guys find me hot enough to have sex with but not to develop a crush on as something in my personality is unappealing to them. In fact there were some guys who lowkey had crushes on me from far away but as soon as they got to know me better, lost the attraction and started to like my other friend or something- and they haven't stopped liking her since getting to know HER, in fact if anything they like her(or my other friends) even more now. Another thing that happened is that a guy who I had a one night stand with slowly stopped liking me as he got to know me and my other friend and started liking her instead, slowly losing any attraction to me whatsoever, even when I started to try makeup for it physically (show more skin, look prettier, put more effort etc) It seems that although guys are initially attracted to me physically they lose that as they get to know me while it doesn't happen with other girls. Why is that? what is about me that does so ? Im really scared ill never have a relationship because of this please help.
Reply 1
you're still young , relationships arent that important right now. im sure someone will come along that will work, but you cant really force these type of things i suppose.
guys probably leave you because they only wanted a friends with benefits thing rather than connect on an emotional level. it's nothing wrong with who you are.
Ive gotten my first relationship when I was 19 just dont stress about
You're still very young, relax.

The right one will find you.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting men through hobbies, through education, through your network and by going out more.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Sarahhaja
Hi, I've been wondering why I can't seem to connect with anyone on a emotional level. I have had one night stands and had sexual relationships but its just something about me (straight female btw) that stops me from being able to get connected on an emotional level with somebody. It seems Im perfect for a one night stand as guys find me hot enough to have sex with but not to develop a crush on as something in my personality is unappealing to them. In fact there were some guys who lowkey had crushes on me from far away but as soon as they got to know me better, lost the attraction and started to like my other friend or something- and they haven't stopped liking her since getting to know HER, in fact if anything they like her(or my other friends) even more now. Another thing that happened is that a guy who I had a one night stand with slowly stopped liking me as he got to know me and my other friend and started liking her instead, slowly losing any attraction to me whatsoever, even when I started to try makeup for it physically (show more skin, look prettier, put more effort etc) It seems that although guys are initially attracted to me physically they lose that as they get to know me while it doesn't happen with other girls. Why is that? what is about me that does so ? Im really scared ill never have a relationship because of this please help.

No need to rush you are only 17, just live your life and you will probably end up finding someone when you are not actually looking.
I'm 21 and have yet to be in a relationship.

Enjoy your single life first so you can figure out your priorities in life before settling down. This way you won't have any regrets.

Girl, have to b blunt sorry.
Close.them.legs.
Get to know someone first -communication basis, your literally doing it in reverse

Show less skin, put more effort in showing your personality, you’re not gonna her wifed by f’ing first, in most cases 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️

Think of it like this, I have guy friends who would like to f the pengest girls, but when asked “would u wife them?” They acting all strange,about “NOO”. Sex ain’t going to keep a man with u, boys want one thing, when they get it they duck

Check ur morals- are u a good person, what’s ur truee personality like, start portraying that out more & for u the same but looking at him, do u like his personality...
Reply 7
Guys between your age and about twenty-three are idiots, so unless you prefer older guys you're not missing much at all.

You sound better than to worry about something like that. You'll meet the right person, in time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending