The Student Room Group

Stomach ache won't go away....

I've had a stomach ache for the past 3 and a half days, and nothing seems to help to get rid of it. I've tried alka-seltzer, milk of magnesia, rennie and pepto-bismol, drinking hot water and holding a hot water bottle on my stomach but it doesnt go away. I have no other symptoms other than a slight loss of appetite, and was wondering if anyone has had anything similar or knows what's caused it, or have any tips on how to get rid of it? I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else can enlighten me?

Thanks for your help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
norovirus?
Reply 2
doubt it... if it were truly norovirus youd be puking too. My guess is thats is fairly benign maybe just a 'tummy bug' (they tend to do their rounds about this time) and you should just let it run its course keeping yourself topped up with fluids etc. That said Im sure your doctor will be able to give you much better advice than anyone on a forum can!
Reply 3
have a glass of hotwater, honey and lemon. get a hotwater bttle on your stomache and hang in there till tommorow :smile:
I had this about 3 weeks back, last around 4 days, started with back/leg aches so thought flu was coming on, then it moved to my stomach and i barely moved off the sofa for 3 days, really nasty bug. I commpletely lost my appetite, the thought of eating made me feel sick, though Milk of magnesia seemed to help.
Reply 5
I love how people spew out the most random medical diagnosis in these sort of threads. :smile:

No one knows OP, could be anything. Just wait until you see the doctor.
Reply 6
is it actually stomach ache?? where abouts in your abdomen is it?
If its not too bad, I'd leave it, if it is bad or gets worse, go to your doctor. We can't really examine you over the internet :p:
Reply 7
Hey, I've had this before. It probably lasts about a week where I just don't really want to eat and feel a little bit sick all the time. I have no idea what it is but it crops up sometimes. Afterwards, I usually get really hungry for about a week. My Mum's a nurse and she had no idea what it was, but it wasn't a really bad stomach ache for me so I judt kinda got on with my life! But I would personally wait a week and see if it improves!
Hey everyone, thanks for all your advice. The doctor said I probably have a viral infection of the digestive system - all I can do is rest and drink lots of fluid and let it run it's course.
I'm having the same problem! Is it likely to be a digestive infection too?
Talk about waking the dead...
I've been haveing this same problem I woke up with 6 hours of back pains my legs felt like they was gonna give way but that improved and went and then I got a cough and a cold and on top of that I've had a stomachs ache for 3 days
I don't want to scare you but it may be Cancer.
Yerh but ie had the same pains as anybody else
And there not as bad now as from the day it started
Reply 15
People who bring up old topics obviously use the search function and properly look around and only comment on relevant things, which is what the search function is used for.

I'd rather someone bring up an old topic if it's relevant than have 10 people talk about the same thing within three different threads within 24 hours. No one needs 500x the same thread in a year, especially those who pay for the forums.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
​i have a simple cure! What you do is that you get mr fluffy and completely burn him to bits. Then you get his ashes and mix them with some cold water and urinate in it! You then drink the solution whilst performing a ritual to mr fluffy and the pain should ease withing some minutes,
I have had the same thing for quite a while and I am twelve years old. I used rennies tablets which seemed to settle my stomach quite a lot and made me feel better u should try and get them at a local pharmacist
It's a bug. Viral probably. Good you're getting it checked out. Get well soon. :smile:
Reply 19
I have had a stomeahce ache for 5 days now why is that