The Student Room Group

Help and Advice Needed!

Right guys, bit of help and advice needed here.

At the moment, I'm in Year 13 at 6th form and my year leave in like 16 weeks. Anyway, the problem is that next summer (August 2009), me and my family are moving over to Gran Canaria, which means that i'm going to be going to Uni over there.

While we were over there a few weeks back, we spoke to a few of the Unis over there to find out their entry requirements. Anyway, here's the problem, as it stands when i leave my school in 16 weeks, I'll have a BTEC National Certificate (I'm on course to get CC for it) and half an A Level in Business as i've just started it this year. BUT, the Uni people over in Gran Canaria said that they'd accept a BTEC National Diploma on it's own, but they'd only accept me wih my BTEC National Certificate if I had a full A Level at grade E or above in addition to it (I'd only have half an A Level).

Last night I emailed my Business teacher and form tutor to let them know the situation. My Business teacher replied and she said am I certain I can't get accepted with the National Certificate on it's own, which I am. And then she said could I not join the COPE class which is worth 60 UCAS points. So I emailed the Gran Canaria Uni and they replied saying that unfortunately the COPE Award isn't recognised in their entry requirements.

I could possibly stay on at 6th form for another year to complete the full A Level so then I'd get accepted, but I wanted to make sure:

Is it normal for international Unis to be this fussy about things, like say they won't accept my BTEC National Certificate unless I have a full A Level at grade E or above with it, and that the COPE thing isn't recognised in their entry requirements.
Reply 1
Right guys, bit of help and advice needed here.

At the moment, I'm in Year 13 at 6th form and my year leave in like 16 weeks. Anyway, the problem is that next summer (August 2009), me and my family are moving over to Gran Canaria, which means that i'm going to be going to Uni over there.

While we were over there a few weeks back, we spoke to a few of the Unis over there to find out their entry requirements. Anyway, here's the problem, as it stands when i leave my school in 16 weeks, I'll have a BTEC National Certificate (I'm on course to get CC for it) and half an A Level in Business as i've just started it this year. BUT, the Uni people over in Gran Canaria said that they'd accept a BTEC National Diploma on it's own, but they'd only accept me wih my BTEC National Certificate if I had a full A Level at grade E or above in addition to it (I'd only have half an A Level).

Last night I emailed my Business teacher and form tutor to let them know the situation. My Business teacher replied and she said am I certain I can't get accepted with the National Certificate on it's own, which I am. And then she said could I not join the COPE class which is worth 60 UCAS points. So I emailed the Gran Canaria Uni and they replied saying that unfortunately the COPE Award isn't recognised in their entry requirements.

I could possibly stay on at 6th form for another year to complete the full A Level so then I'd get accepted, but I wanted to make sure:

Is it normal for international Unis to be this fussy about things, like say they won't accept my BTEC National Certificate unless I have a full A Level at grade E or above with it, and that the COPE thing isn't recognised in their entry requirements.

Latest

Trending

Trending