Anastasialouis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Idk if there’s already a discussion on A-level Physics but I wanted to create one specifically on AQA Physics.

Any tips/ methods for revision?

Specifically on how you handle the past papers? — compared to edexcel a level maths I find the exam style in AQA physics to be much less structured and harder to prepare for/ predict.

Im just about ok for A2 just until the electric fields chapter, so I’m really behind.

For AS, I got a low B at the end of year mock exam (linear) however my last mock exam, which I sat in December, was the Paper 1 (as material paper) from June 2017 and I got a D...

I’d love to know how anyone else finding the AQA Physics experience
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anastasialouis)
Idk if there’s already a discussion on A-level Physics but I wanted to create one specifically on AQA Physics.

Any tips/ methods for revision?

Specifically on how you handle the past papers? — compared to edexcel a level maths I find the exam style in AQA physics to be much less structured and harder to prepare for/ predict.

Im just about ok for A2 just until the electric fields chapter, so I’m really behind.

For AS, I got a low B at the end of year mock exam (linear) however my last mock exam, which I sat in December, was the Paper 1 (as material paper) from June 2017 and I got a D...

I’d love to know how anyone else finding the AQA Physics experience
You're not alone tbh me and the rest of my class find physics really hard on the new spec. Especially the papers we get given, the questions seem like olympiad level questions and are really hard to understand. It has been getting better though, I find that if you do all the past papers you're allowed to and then go on to do questions from other boards it helps a lot (OCR A is good and I'm going to start Edexcel soon when revising).
I also feel like a really easy fix for dealing with some of the more challenging questions is to read the question over and take time over it looking at the previous parts of the questions and if you're really stuck just start talking vaguely on the lines of the topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed