The Student Room Group

What's the most random thing you'd turn someone down for?

What's the most random, nitpicky or weirdest thing that you'd absolutely turn someone down for. So not being fat/ugly or personality, but something super nitpicky and random about their appearance or voice that would mean no matter how attractive/interesting someone is you just couldn't date them.

For me it's septum piercings.

Scroll to see replies

It's never come up, but I think I'd have a problem with nasal voices. It's something entirely out of your control, but I think it would just bug me too much.
Reply 2
Supporting Everton or United.
This guy would send snapchats pulling a stupid raised eyebrows expression because he thought it made him look good but it just made me want to punch his face.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/D0K0WT/man-looking-surprised-with-his-raised-eyebrows-D0K0WT.jpg
Reply 4
Snoring
Reply 5
Eating with their mouth open/eating loudly etc
Reply 6
Original post by AprilFeather
Snoring

Wow really? Thats interesting :biggrin: is that if they snore occasionally/once or if it's constant and really loud
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Wow really? Thats interesting :biggrin: is that if they snore occasionally/once or if it's constant and really loud

I can deal with an occasional snort, but not if it's constant, no matter the volume.

On holiday once, I slept on the floor to get away from my snoring brother. If I had someone snoring in my ear everyday, I would probably end up with a dead body to hide.
noisy eating 🤮
If the guy had longer nails than me 😷
Most probably if they took too much time to do stuff. Would give me goosebumps.
Manly voice. I can't stand women that sound like men for me that is very off-putting as shallow as it sounds.
Reply 12
Original post by Black Cat
Manly voice. I can't stand women that sound like men for me that is very off-putting as shallow as it sounds.

This😂😂😂😂 especially If they're bulky AF
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Black Cat

I agree, masculinity in a female is very off putting.

Smoking
Bad lifestyle choices
Loud
Attention seeker
No interests (shopping and gossip doesn’t count as an interest)

Just off top of my head.
Reply 14
Original post by Taka345
This😂😂😂😂 especially If they're bulky AF

I don’t mind bulky women, as long as they wear it well (thick thighs etc) and they still conduct themselves in a feminine fashion.
Smoking and drugs
Original post by littledino1011
noisy eating 🤮

I feel this
Original post by zKlown
I agree, masculinity in a female is very off putting.

Smoking
Bad lifestyle choices
Loud
Attention seeker
No interests (shopping and gossip doesn’t count as an interest)

Just off top of my head.

To add to your list!

-Lip fillers.
-Overly fake eye lashes, that I could pick them off.
-Bad fashion taste...

If she looks like this its a no.

Spoiler

Original post by AprilFeather
I can deal with an occasional snort, but not if it's constant, no matter the volume.

On holiday once, I slept on the floor to get away from my snoring brother. If I had someone snoring in my ear everyday, I would probably end up with a dead body to hide.

I actually agree with you. I've lost count of the amount of times I've whinged at other people for snoring...
Original post by FloralLuxe
If the guy had longer nails than me 😷

Haha i hate that 😂

Quick Reply