Ax-MGcxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This year i am sitting 7 national 5's, English,maths, chemistry, physics, Spanish, art and business. I really want to do well and i do study but i don't feel like i get anywhere when it comes to past papers? Any suggestions would be appreciated...
K8e.H
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Pastpapers work best if you mark them the right way - take a spare sheet of paper and every time you get a question wrong write down the correct definition/explanation on a piece of paper. By the end you will have a list of things you need to learn/revise, and hopefully will be able to identify recurring topics which are your weakest ones.
K8e.H
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
For chemistry, go on:

https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/CfE..._Chemistry.pdf

If you know all the mandatory content you will be absolutely fine. I use the mandatory content to make summary cards for each topic at Higher.
Ax-MGcxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you soooooo much!
Roisin28
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Just keep at it. Make sure you get feedback from teachers and look at the marking scheme to see how it's structured. I personally use a lot of mind maps and summary notes, but that's what works best for me. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do great!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (7)
11.11%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.59%
Finding the time to revise (6)
9.52%
Finding the motivation (14)
22.22%
Getting distracted (10)
15.87%
Procrastination (25)
39.68%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads