?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yes, hopefully :p:
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No but i'm thinking about doing so in 2009. I was thinking (for about a second) about doing the Blackpool half-marathon (coming up in late Feb) but i don't really have the desire to prepare for and do this at the moment. A half and full marathon scheduled for 2009 :cool: :eek:
Sephirona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
No but i'm thinking about doing so in 2009. I was thinking (for about a second) about doing the Blackpool half-marathon (coming up in late Feb) but i don't really have the desire to prepare for and do this at the moment. A half and full marathon scheduled for 2009 :cool: :eek:
Awesome :cool: I was hoping to run this april, but only if my body allows me , because I haven't been training at all for past few months. Do you have to be a blackpool residence to participate?
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sephirona)
Awesome :cool: I was hoping to run this april, but only if my body allows me , because I haven't been training at all for past few months. Do you have to be a blackpool residence to participate?
The Blackpool half-marathon is on the 26th February.

Anyone, from any part of the country, can apply to do this half-marathon. I believe the race package fee is £18, this includes registration, t-shirt and medal etc... quite reasonable when compared to the relatively expensive £26 (i think) for the Manchester 10km - which is held sometime every May.
Sephirona
Rep:
?
wow london marathon fee is £30 :eek:
user-name
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I missed the entry ballot for it and the charity places said they had too many applicants (in november/dec so they're definitely gone now). There was some available but they want £2000+ sponsorship.

Anyway i'm doing the BUPA Manchester 10K for the 3rd time this year and the Liverpool half marathon.

Is anyone else a member of a running club?
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by user-name)
I missed the entry ballot for it and the charity places said they had too many applicants (in november/dec so they're definitely gone now). There was some available but they want £2000+ sponsorship.

Anyway i'm doing the BUPA Manchester 10K for the 3rd time this year and the Liverpool half marathon.

No, i'm not that hardcore

I did the BUPA Manchester 10kms last year. Ran it in 44 mins 45 seconds. Personal best for me I'm sure i could shave off 3-4 minutes if i dedicated myself to running a little more.

It was ok last year, i was running with a stitch for about 2kms, and it came on just as i was running around Old Trafford, Theatre of Dreams.
PE Crazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

i am but aint doin this!! not for a good few years yet, il stick to more 3ks, 5ks n 10ks for now
Sephirona
Rep:
?
Sportrelief anyone?
PE Crazy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im gna have bash at the Bobby Moore 5k in Manchester this year, me and my gf went down to watch it last year n she's really up for doing the cancer 1 the day b4 n im up for that 1.
user-name
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ Hey i'm from the Manchester/salford area. What school/college did you go to?
PE Crazy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ Hey i'm from the Manchester/salford area. What school/college did you go to?
im resittin my A Levels at Cardinal Langley Sixth Form in Middleton, how about you?
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PE Crazy)
im gna have bash at the Bobby Moore 5k in Manchester this year, me and my gf went down to watch it last year n she's really up for the cancer 1 the day b4 n im up for that 1.
i'm up for Aids myself.
Sephirona
Rep:
?
there is a 'run to the beat' in october just so you guys know. I think it will a 13miles run.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads