What is the first year of Economics like compared to the second year?

Watch this thread
Agent456
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wondering. From AS to A2
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Theme 3 is a lot like Business Studies, Theme 4 is really easy. It’s basically theme 2 on a global scale, if you have pre existing knowledge its just putting it all into the context of theories and models.

I struggled a lot with theme 3, it just wasn’t my thing. I LOVE macro, not a huge fan of Micro but theme 1 is too easy to complain.
Also if you did AS exams, just know that the A-level exams are harder because they require more development so you need more essay writing skills
Agent456
Rep:
(Original post by Zxyn)
Theme 3 is a lot like Business Studies, Theme 4 is really easy. It’s basically theme 2 on a global scale, if you have pre existing knowledge its just putting it all into the context of theories and models.

I struggled a lot with theme 3, it just wasn’t my thing. I LOVE macro, not a huge fan of Micro but theme 1 is too easy to complain.
Also if you did AS exams, just know that the A-level exams are harder because they require more development so you need more essay writing skills
So basically A2 Economics is harder than AS???
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Agent456)
So basically A2 Economics is harder than AS???
As you’d expect, yes
Agent456
Rep:
Is the first year easy? or is it still a challenge?
Zystra
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Year 2 is a lot harder and it makes Year 1 look easy in comparison. The Year 1 content is easy in exams - you'll probably enjoy seeing Year 1 questions in exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (87)
42.03%
They're exactly what I expected (48)
23.19%