The Student Room Group

Dunelm assessment interview tomorrow

We have to take a picture of a product of the store from the website that inspires us and what we like about it at the interview, (e.g. features / benefits).
Help?! I was thinking maybe something everyone should have at home... Anyone has any ideas on what to pick?! Please!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Original post by giohgsiopf
We have to take a picture of a product of the store from the website that inspires us and what we like about it at the interview, (e.g. features / benefits).
Help?! I was thinking maybe something everyone should have at home... Anyone has any ideas on what to pick?! Please!

They are just asking to pick something you like and that you are able to explain to others why you like it?

Is it good value for money?
Good quality?
Ingenious and useful?
Well designed?
You have a need for it?

Surely they sell something you like and you think is worth having?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
They are just asking to pick something you like and that you are able to explain to others why you like it?

Is it good value for money?
Good quality?
Ingenious and useful?
Well designed?
You have a need for it?

Surely they sell something you like and you think is worth having?

Can you give me an example of a product please
(edited 6 years ago)
Can you give me an example of a product please

Look on the website. Surely theres something you think is a good product that has merits an someone might like to buy along the criteria I outlined.
Reply 5
Look on the website. Surely theres something you think is a good product that has merits an someone might like to buy along the criteria I outlined.

I was thinking mentioning something big like a sofa or is that too over exaggerated? or maybe just a small candle
I was thinking mentioning something big like a sofa or is that too over exaggerated? or maybe just a small candle

You are overcomplicating this.

Go on the website and look for an item you might consider buying then think why. It mist have some pros and a few cons. They are looking for you to pock a product that you are able to identify the merits of and explain them to the people at interview or a group.

Surely you know how to shop and what you like or dont plus why? the object doesnt matter as long as you ca explain your reasons.
Reply 7
You are overcomplicating this.

Go on the website and look for an item you might consider buying then think why. It mist have some pros and a few cons. They are looking for you to pock a product that you are able to identify the merits of and explain them to the people at interview or a group.

Surely you know how to shop and what you like or dont plus why? the object doesnt matter as long as you ca explain your reasons.

Where would you place fans in store on a hot day for customers to buy?Urgent!!!

At the entrance?

What the lawyer said. they are asking you to use common sense so things will sell. If its a hot day then by the entrance or by the tills would make perfect sense. They will be interested in your reasoning.

Because they are easily seen and might get you thinking in a hot day how nice a fan would be. At the tills, then you might be hoping for an impulse purchase. Both places would make your product visible and easy to locate.

Place yourself in the customers position. What would be the most likely things the store could do to persuade you to buy a fan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending