The Student Room Group

computer science at uni

I’ve sent my application to do computer science and uni and I want to know what the computer science course is like, is it hard/challenging,does it require a lot of independent study. Just want to have a chat with someone who’s already at uni doing computer science.
Original post by idris1905
I’ve sent my application to do computer science and uni and I want to know what the computer science course is like, is it hard/challenging,does it require a lot of independent study. Just want to have a chat with someone who’s already at uni doing computer science.

Hey! I'm a first year studying Computer Science at Newcastle Uni. I would say it depends what kind of background you have for most of those questions. If you have done Maths and Computing A-Level you will find first year easier than those that haven't. Also, each uni does the course differently. Where have you applied to?
Reply 2
Original post by CopperDragon
Hey! I'm a first year studying Computer Science at Newcastle Uni. I would say it depends what kind of background you have for most of those questions. If you have done Maths and Computing A-Level you will find first year easier than those that haven't. Also, each uni does the course differently. Where have you applied to?

I’ve done a maths AS, but I’m doing ICT a level atm & I’ve also done computing in GCSE. I’ve applied to Kent, Brighton, Westminster

Quick Reply