The Student Room Group

Official 2018 Oxford Decisions Thread [No Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Subject: Ancient and Modern History
College: Oriel
Outcome: AAA offer!
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Got a letter and a track update
How do you feel? I think I'm still processing? I don't really know how to feel. I waited all day and then didn't see it until the afternoon. I was pretty optimistic because I had a thick letter but it came as such a shock still. I'm really excited, though! It still doesn't feel real.
Anything else? My dad hugged me?? I'm really happy that this means a lot to my parents (one went to a polytechnic and didn't do A-Levels, the other got DEE at A-Level). I'm also kinda sad for my friend bc she got rejected from Cambridge today and I feel bad that I got it and she didn't. Also, don't be afraid to apply if you go to a kinda meh school - I go to a sixth form college below the national average where the average grades people leave with are CCC. It's down to your own hard work, motivation, and probably quite a bit of luck too! It's prob also worth mentioning that I have anxiety and am possibly autistic yet still managed to drag myself through three interviews, so even if you struggle with those things it's worth a shot!
Subject: Philosophy and Theology
College: Mansfield
Outcome: AAA (Conditional offer)
How did you hear?: Received letter through the post at 9am
How do you feel?: Like I'm in a dream
Anything else?: Considering I thought I failed miserably at one interview, and the others were mediocre this is a big shock. You really can't judge your performance.
Reply 42
Original post by ScreamerOfStars
Subject: English Language and Literature
College: Trinity
Outcome: Rejection
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email at 9:53am UK time
How do you feel? Feeling alright, was expecting it to be honest haha
Anything else? I’m from Malaysia and had Skype interviews. I actually wasn’t going to apply originally so I’m glad I tried and made it to the interview stage (was expecting to be rejected pre-interview). Enjoyed my interviews too so overall I don’t regret applying. :biggrin:

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Malaysian :smile:) got rejected as well, although pre-interview. which kinda sucks. But life goes on
Subject: engineering science
College: Balliol
Outcome: rejected
How did you hear? email
How do you feel? Got UCL which I think is fairly good as well for engineering so all cool
Anything else? Naysayers might tell you that you won't make the cut. Maybe they're right. But maybe, just maybe, if you do try, you might make it. Don't live your life wondering "maybe if I've tried, I could've been accepted". That's called regret. And regrets suck. Worse than unpolished flamingo balls
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
Subject: ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
College: WADHAM
Outcome: ACCEPTANCE!!! conditional offer AAA
How did you hear?: UCAS!! I was very surprised, I thought I had a rejection when I saw it update (and then a letter)
How do you feel? Ecstatic!! Confused!! Excited!! Nervous!! All of the emotions!!
Anything else? Okay so I didn't think I'd get an interview, my exam went horribly, I was going to withdraw my application after and before the exam, I almost declined the interview and I didn't think I wanted it. Turns out I really did and things couldn't have gone better. So, to anyone who is thinking of applying but has doubts, go for it because fate will steer you in the right direction!!

(also, if anyone else has got an offer from Wadham please message me!! I wanna chat about it)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 44
Subject: French and Russian
College: Christ Church
Decision: Offer of AAA
Reaction: Shocked. I have bad GCSEs, but very pleased that my application was on the whole very good!
Subject: Physics
College: Christ Church
Outcome: Conditional offer - Dutch conditions 8/10
How did you hear? UCAS Track, haven't received an email or letter yet.
How do you feel? Great :biggrin:
Subject: Philosophy and theology
College: Oriel
Outcome: Conditional (AAA) but not from oriel. I don't know my college yet :frown:
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): a letter and UCAS update
How do you feel? over the moon and surprised because I bombed my interview!
Subject: Experimental psychology
College: Magdalen
Outcome: OFFER!
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): got an update to Track at 12:43 but a letter from Magdalen and Worcester (my first choice college) telling me they couldn't take me but Magdalen would!
How do you feel? ELATED! I have dreamt and wished and wanted for this day forever - it has literally been my biggest dream for years and I couldn't be happier
Anything else? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE X
Subject: Medicine
College: Wadham
Outcome: OFFER!!! (A*AA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): UCAS Track, but got a letter later on
How do you feel? Absolutely over the moon, it's still not sunk in
Anything else? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO APPLIED / IS THINKING OF APPLYING
Subject: PPE
College: St Edmund Hall
Outcome: conditional offer (AAA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): UCAS track updated and then I got the letter after school
How do you feel? I can't bloody believe it! I was so convinced I'd be rejected I didn't believe it till I saw the letter... I've honestly wanted this for four years now and I couldn't be happier

PS: congrats/commiserations everybody!
Subject: Law
College: Open offer from Mansfield
Outcome: Conditional offer (AAA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email at 10:14, Track update at 1:26
How do you feel? Absolutely over the moon- this is honestly a dream come true. I never thought that I would get to interview, let alone get an offer. Now I need to knuckle down and focus on my A Levels :smile:
Reply 51
subject: theology & religion
college: don't know yet !
outcome: conditional offer (but I've already met these US conditions so I think I just need to send them my official scores)
How did you hear?: so far just on UCAS, haven't heard anything from a college yet
How do you feel?: there were happy tears !!
Anything else?: I'm coming from the US--anyone else?
Reply 52
Subject: PPE
College: Wadham
Outcome: Conditional offer - German conditions
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): email and UCAS status update (were sent out at the same time)
How do you feel? Super excited! Haven't quite realised that it is real, yet.
Anything else? Any other German applicants who were successful, or people with an offer for PPE at Wadham?
Subject: Medicine
College: St Hugh's
Outcome: Conditional offer
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): UCAS Track initially, had a letter when I came home
How do you feel? Still in disbelief!
Anything else? I'd completely resigned myself to the fact that I hadn't got in and had been imagining my life at other unis lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Subject: Mathematics
College: St Anne's
Outcome: Unconditional (A*A*A* achieved last year)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Owl
How do you feel? Awesome, sooooo relieved!
Anything else? Well done to everyone else who got a place. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at Anne's!
Subject: Archaeology and Anthropology
College: St Peter's
Outcome: Offer (Conditional on AAA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email at 8:42AM and then letter later on
How do you feel? Brilliant, first person in the family to go to uni
Anything else? I applied for Keble first and had a second interview by default at Peter's, Peter's went better and the tutors were nicer.
Reply 56
Subject: History and English
College: Pembroke
Outcome: I GOT IN!!! Conditional offer AAA
How I found out: email, have a letter at home too

Very shocked n happy! Proud of myself for getting into such a competitive course just sad for my pals that didn't make it :frown:
Subject: Mathematics and Computer Science

College: St. Annes College
Outcome: Successful
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): UCAS Track Updated
How do you feel? Good
Anything else? Already requested my MAT and interview scores
Subject: PPL
College:
Outcome: Conditional (A*AA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): UCAS Track update (possibly the biggest surprise since ever--but also the best new update since sliced bread!) (wouldn't it be awesome if i heard by owl!) and I think my letter came about 10am but I was at school so... UCAS track is fantastic! No emails from Oxford.
How do you feel? Elated and relieved. Not really sunk in but HAPPY :smile:
Anything else? Don't believe the slanderous lies that are "if your letter is thin you got rejected, if it was thick you got accepted"--thank goodness i didnt open my letter first because i believed that lie and mine was very small and thin - but it was an acceptance! I guess things change - but yes, good luck and I hope it all goes well for everyone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Subject: Archaeology and Anthropology

College: St. Peter's

Outcome: Rejection

How did you hear?: Email at 7:50am

How do you feel?: Disappointed at first because I really enjoyed my two interviews, but relieved to finally have a decision. Regardless it was a great experience and I am proud to have made it so far. I have other offers from other schools so it's definitely not the end of the world, haha.

Anything else?: Congratulations to everyone that got an offer... and to those who got rejected like me, don't worry... life goes on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending