The Student Room Group

Nursing bursary for Scottish nursing students?

I've read it's not means tested, does every home nursing students get the full bursary?
Reply 1
I've read the current bursary and lending guidelines, but it merely says there may be changes in your award if you claim bursary... So anyone actually claiming nursing bursary also take out loans, if so what was your maximum allowance?
Original post by lee_9797
I've read the current bursary and lending guidelines, but it merely says there may be changes in your award if you claim bursary... So anyone actually claiming nursing bursary also take out loans, if so what was your maximum allowance?

You can't take any additional loans from SAAS if you are receiving the bursary unfortunately. If you needed a loan in addition to your bursary you would have to look at a private provider or bank.
Original post by lee_9797
I've read it's not means tested, does every home nursing students get the full bursary?

I've merged your two threads together as they are very similar - just to keep the same information in one place.

Yes, as long as you meet the residency requirements you will receive the bursary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending