The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Does anyone know about the real estate courses at Westminster?

Hi everyone,
I am just wrapping up my university applications, applying to real estate/property courses at Reading, Ucl, Manch, and I am unsure about my last two as I don't know enough about the courses. So I'm reaching out to any Westminster Uni students that have knowledge about the real estate courses, particularly how the teaching is, the variety of modules available and career prospects. Do Westminster uni real estate grads get into the big property firms? Overall, would you say it is a good course?
Thank you in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi I am a final year Real Estate student and I recommend it. The coursework we are required is very similar to the work surveyors do in practice. ie we have done a valuation report on a office building, leasehold enfranchisement, business plan, asses planning applications. Because of where the uni is, very close to all big property firms we get a lot of speakers during the lectures from these companies. Also, there's Westminster Property Society who organise various events throughout the year where there are visits to the offices (we had gone to Gerald and LSH), but we also have the recruiters, various employees and graduates coming to the events at uni ( a lot of presence from Cushman, JLL, Knight Frank, LSH). Meeting the employers beforehand really help (I messed up my video interview for LSH and yet still got through to the next stage because I met the grad recruitment manager a few times, otherwise, I cannot explain how I got through lol). There's a good proportion of Westminster students at the big firms, but to be honest not as much as Reading, but bear in mind the size of the class here is smaller than Reading as far as I've heard. Overall is a good course, with a good study-life balance even if you aim for a first. The lecturers are very good, they have been in practice and some still are. They come from a variety of backgrounds, from the big firms (the course wider was European director for JLL, worked on some really impressing buildings ie the main site for British Library, Heathrow Airport) )or local councils and 2 of them are APC assessors. I hope this helps, but if you have anymore questions I'm happy to help.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending