The Student Room Group

My bf and I are shy to "do our business" when the other is in the bathroom...

Hey guys,

So sorry to be blunt here but thing is, my bf and I are quite shy to take a dump/pee or do our business in the toilet in front of each other. I mean, I don't mind it if he does it in front of me and he doesn't mind if I do it in front of him but we're both shy to do it in front of each other.

We've almost been together for a year now and we're convinced we're each other's soulmates.. I guess I'm just asking is this normal? Will we ever feel comfortable doing our business in the toilet in front of each other or does this mean we're still uncomfortable about it and too early in the relationship for us to be comfortable to do it?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

So sorry to be blunt here but thing is, my bf and I are quite shy to take a dump/pee or do our business in the toilet in front of each other. I mean, I don't mind it if he does it in front of me and he doesn't mind if I do it in front of him but we're both shy to do it in front of each other.

We've almost been together for a year now and we're convinced we're each other's soulmates.. I guess I'm just asking is this normal? Will we ever feel comfortable doing our business in the toilet in front of each other or does this mean we're still uncomfortable about it and too early in the relationship for us to be comfortable to do it?

I ve been with my husband for over four years and we don't do that, it's perfectly normal not to want to.
I wouldn't dream of taking a dump in front of anyone unless my life depended on it. Not so when urinating. After all, with urinals you are pretty much urinating in front of strangers daily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending