18 yr old girls holiday- suggestions??!

Watch
Cat476
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, me and my 7 friends are looking to go on a 5 day holiday at the end of June however at the moment it's very early stages in terms of planning.

Firstly we haven't decided on a place but know we want somewhere inexpensive with a nice beach, hot weather and relatively close to some decent nightlife (half of us are more party animals and the other half would prefer a few drinks at a bar so somewhere that offers both is important- if it were up to me I'd want to go to Ibiza but it is quite extreme compared to the other's ideal night out). Don't want somewhere chavvy like Magaluf but wouldn't mind Majorca in general and have also been looking at Ayia Napa which seems like fun.

We're also unsure whether to book an all-inclusive/half board (probably through Jet2 for simplicity), an self-catered apartment or an airbnb (though not sure if it would add up too much when it came to booking flights/transport and food ourselves).

Any advice on location or accommodation suggestions much appreciated!!

UPDATE: We've found a nice-looking hotel in Malaga that we're pretty certain about now- does anyone have an opinion on Malaga? If you've been what are some things you recommend doing there?
username3666160
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ayia Napa is a nice place (Can't personally comment on nightlife as i was too young to experience it when I lived in Cyprus), however from what my friends have said it's a great place to go if your looking for, sun, beaches, nightlife and lots of alcohol!
CourtneyySheri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im in the exact same position as you and wanted to go to ayia napa at first but a lot of people said it an be quite chavvy. Me and my friends were thinking Tenerife.
Appio001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Niltiac229)
Hi, me and my 4/5 friends are looking to go on a weeks holiday at the end of June however at the moment it's very early stages in terms of planning.

Firstly we haven't decided on a place but know we want somewhere inexpensive with a nice beach, hot weather and relatively close to some decent nightlife (half of us are more party animals and the other half would prefer a few drinks at a bar so somewhere that offers both is important- if it were up to me I'd want to go to Ibiza but it is quite extreme compared to the other's ideal night out). Don't want somewhere chavvy like Magaluf but wouldn't mind Majorca in general and have also been looking at Ayia Napa which seems like fun.

We're also unsure whether to book an all-inclusive/half board (probably through Jet2 for simplicity), an self-catered apartment or an airbnb (though not sure if it would add up too much when it came to booking flights/transport and food ourselves).

Hi, me and my 4/5 friends are looking to go on a weeks holiday at the end of June however at the moment it's very early stages in terms of planning.

Fuerteventura is really nice went there for Christmas, but wherever it is make sure to book everything as soon as possible so that it's cheaper. Enjoy your holiday!
kaybio98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Magaluf was the best holiday of my life. I would only go if you stay in BH mallorca, all inclusive is definitely worth it and BH holds stage events like cream fields and other celebs which is free of charge if you stay there. Magaluf isn't chavvy at all, just a popular holiday destination so you do get quite a mixed bunch.....Its near to palma which is relaxing for those who don't want to go out and also has some lovely beach side bars away from the main strip which are actually quite fancy. I was hesitant to go to mama thinking it would be quite a chavvy and dangerous place but now that I've been i want to go again. You'll have an amazing time no matter where you go though!
Assmaster2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can i have ur snapchat
Ella-keturah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Croatia is amazing. Plenty of nightlife but also more relaxed places too.
FriendlyPenguin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
Plenty of Greek islands tick all your boxes. Popular destinations include Lesvos and Kos.

Or Sicily, Rome in Italy.

If you felt like being adventurous, but wanted to avoid the more dangerous countries, you could visit one of the Spanish enclaves in North Africa - depending on how warm you want it.
Yess love Greece- been for the past 2 years to Rhodes and Crete but we're returning again this year for our family holiday so would quite like to go somewhere different. However if we really couldn't find anywhere else I wouldn't hesitate booking another trip to Greece.

We actually all went to Rome in October time with a school trip so kind of been there done that haha plus I think we're looking for a beach holiday rather than a city break.

North Africa is an interesting suggestions- might look into that! Sounds like it would certainly be one to remember which is ultimately what we're looking for before we all go separate ways for uni.

Thanks for replying, much appreciated!
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ella-keturah)
Croatia is amazing. Plenty of nightlife but also more relaxed places too.
Will defo look into it, thanks!x
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaybio98)
Magaluf was the best holiday of my life. I would only go if you stay in BH mallorca, all inclusive is definitely worth it and BH holds stage events like cream fields and other celebs which is free of charge if you stay there. Magaluf isn't chavvy at all, just a popular holiday destination so you do get quite a mixed bunch.....Its near to palma which is relaxing for those who don't want to go out and also has some lovely beach side bars away from the main strip which are actually quite fancy. I was hesitant to go to mama thinking it would be quite a chavvy and dangerous place but now that I've been i want to go again. You'll have an amazing time no matter where you go though!
Really, that's so interesting to hear because originally I thought Palmanova looked ideal as it wasn't actually in Maga but a 10min bus ride away so nice to not be so central but easy to reach though I read a few forums that said it was really chavvy (guess it depends) which put me off I guess. Might look into it more and suggest it to the others, thanks for letting me know!
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by Appio001)
Fuerteventura is really nice went there for Christmas, but wherever it is make sure to book everything as soon as possible so that it's cheaper. Enjoy your holiday!
Done a quick Google and looks really nice actually, will defo consider it, thanks!
username2391309
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Half board are good holidays but without fixed tours. Jet2 is a good airline. Consider Greece too.
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by CourtneyySheri)
Im in the exact same position as you and wanted to go to ayia napa at first but a lot of people said it an be quite chavvy. Me and my friends were thinking Tenerife.
Ah really? Tenerife does look beautiful, it's just hard knowing what area to stay in that's close to nightlife, my worst fear would be turning up and it being dead at night lmao
kaybio98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really, that's so interesting to hear because originally I thought Palmanova looked ideal as it wasn't actually in Maga but a 10min bus ride away so nice to not be so central but easy to reach though I read a few forums that said it was really chavvy (guess it depends) which put me off I guess. Might look into it more and suggest it to the others, thanks for letting me know!
Wherever you go will be a little bit chavvy if its known as a party destination but there is definitely worse than maga (kavos,zante) but wherever you go will be amazing as youll be with your friends! Definitely research into maga and if you decide on it id book with thomas cook at bh mallorca as it comes as a package holiday, might end up a bit cheaper for you!
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by Danieeel)
Ayia Napa is a nice place (Can't personally comment on nightlife as i was too young to experience it when I lived in Cyprus), however from what my friends have said it's a great place to go if your looking for, sun, beaches, nightlife and lots of alcohol!
That's literally everything we want haha, thanks for the reply, Ayia Napa is defo high on the list at the moment
Cat476
Rep:
?
Never considered Poland, are there any specific areas you can recommend with good nightlife?
FriendlyPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
North Africa is an interesting suggestions- might look into that! Sounds like it would certainly be one to remember which is ultimately what we're looking for before we all go separate ways for uni.
Remember, a Spanish enclave in North Africa.

I can't recommend the rest of North Africa with all their recent political instability (and terrorism is another factor).
Cat476
Rep:
?
(Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
Remember, a Spanish enclave in North Africa.

I can't recommend the rest of North Africa with all their recent political instability (and terrorism is another factor).
Haha yes meant to specify that, I'm aware other areas may be far from the perfect girls holiday destination
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spain - Malaga/Benidorm/Barcelona
Majorca but not the Magaluf strip
Tenerife/Feurteventura (cannot spell!)
Croatia? Though maybe expensive
Bulgaria
Kos/Crete/Zante/Corfu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (206)
57.54%
I don't have everything I need (152)
42.46%

Watched Threads