Computer Science GCSE NEA Scrapped by Ofqual

Watch this thread
username3174870
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Personally I think it's a good thing, though we still have to do it, it just won't count in the final grade.

Opinions?
username3511608
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samhendrie)
Personally I think it's a good thing, though we still have to do it, it just won't count in the final grade.

Opinions?
Can you give me the link to where it says it’s been scrapped?
username3174870
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by HXA97)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ofqual?re...over-cheati%2F
Imnotanerd
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
very annoyed, put so much hard work.and effort in to basically learnt the whole of python to get me the best grade for it only to be scrapped. Wasted time and effort. The examining board could easily tell who cheated as they could tell by who's got the same work.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HXA97)
See Ofqual's letter to students https://www.gov.uk/government/public...t-arrangements
JaguarLover101
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Having done GCSE Comp Sci 2 years ago, I would say that I enjoyed the NEA as part of computer science.

It's a shame to see it go, but I can see why it's gone, especially with it not being in high control cheating was a problem for a lot of centres, the year before I did it the exam board re-did the task halfway through the year because people had posted solutions online.

RIP NEA

Should I also mention that the NEA basically gave me the A* by boosting my marks...
constantdisplay
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
So basically.
The only subject I really enjoy is now 100% exam.
Absolutely ****ing amazing, woo hoo my future is going down the ****ing drain.
cj_sS
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Great news!!!!! I couldn't code for ****
Namless
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Honestly, I am really disheartened. We spent upwards 40 hours preparing for the NEA, doing mocks and so forth, and now it was all for nothing!
gagagogo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
dum dum head
gagagogo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by constantdisplay)
So basically.
The only subject I really enjoy is now 100% exam.
Absolutely ****ing amazing, woo hoo my future is going down the ****ing drain.
GOT EM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (64)
66.67%
No (25)
26.04%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.29%

Watched Threads