bristolvet94
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm a vet student currently in my 4th year and I'm considering taking a suspension of studies as I've been suffering with depression and anxiety over the last term and continuing into this term. However, I'm worried about how this will affect my finance. I've just today had my second term's payment - if I suspend say at the end of January, will I be asked to pay some of this back? I understand that as I'm suspending for health reasons, I'll be given a grace period of 60 days funding. Will the overpayment need to be paid back in full as soon as you get notice that I've suspended? Or are the options for how/when I'd pay it back?
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bristolvet94)
Hi, I'm a vet student currently in my 4th year and I'm considering taking a suspension of studies as I've been suffering with depression and anxiety over the last term and continuing into this term. However, I'm worried about how this will affect my finance. I've just today had my second term's payment - if I suspend say at the end of January, will I be asked to pay some of this back? I understand that as I'm suspending for health reasons, I'll be given a grace period of 60 days funding. Will the overpayment need to be paid back in full as soon as you get notice that I've suspended? Or are the options for how/when I'd pay it back?
Hi bristolvet94,

In many cases suspending your studies may result in an overpayment of your loan, how much will depend on the time spent at your College or University and payments already made to your account. You can contact the overpayments team and they can set up an arrangement to pay back the overpayment on 0300 100 0611.

Thanks

Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads