The Student Room Group

Cost of renewing car insurance (with black box)

Hi,

I have been 10 months with a black box insurance (Collingwood Young Driver) and the company will send me a renewal of my policy in a month or two.

I wanted to ask you guys how much did the price change for you after one year of using a black box insurance.

Did it get much cheaper?

Many thanks!
Original post by nutrimed88
Hi,

I have been 10 months with a black box insurance (Collingwood Young Driver) and the company will send me a renewal of my policy in a month or two.

I wanted to ask you guys how much did the price change for you after one year of using a black box insurance.

Did it get much cheaper?

Many thanks!

I have moved this to Cars & Motoring, you are more like to get replies here.
Do some comparison quotes online but do them as if you already have your 1 month NCB - just for an idea of prices. That'll tell you how much your discount is. Every insurer discounts it differently. I also applaud you as an MVP for surviving a year (almost) with a box.
Reply 3
You should always check to see what other insurers will offer you when it comes to renewal. Some insurance companies bank on you being too lazy to check, and will overcharge you in order to make money out of your indolence. So run some comparisons, see what's available and bag yourself the best policy.
Exactly as @Dez said.

Also, try asking your current insurer if they can offer a discount for an existing customer and compare the quote they give you for renewal with other insurance companies quote's.
Reply 5
Original post by nevershear
Do some comparison quotes online but do them as if you already have your 1 month NCB - just for an idea of prices. That'll tell you how much your discount is. Every insurer discounts it differently. I also applaud you as an MVP for surviving a year (almost) with a box.

Haha thanks for your reply. Honesty my insurer is completely fine as i have no curfews, you would also be ok.

Sure, when it comes to renewal i will check everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending