laurenmn1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How do I best revise history? I’m studying the Cold War, Elizabeth, Germany and Medicine. Medicine is easy enough, but how do I memorise all the content for Cold War? There’s tonnes. 😬

** I mostly work with revision cards and posters, I’ve made all of these and now just need to learn the information

H.g.23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is something I want to find out as well. Doing a level history. I have a plan of what to do but not sure is it will be beneficial
akay8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I’m doing almost exactly the same, except I’m doing America instead of Germany.... you on the exam board WJEC? I find cue cards with the key facts stuck around the house helps, or coloured mind maps with images so you can connect certain facts with simpler things to remember. I agree, the Cold War stuff is really hard to remember! Wish you all the best of luck!
laurenmn1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m actually on edexcel,, don’t like this exam board because they phrase questions very weirdly, same for geography. I think I’m going to make a long list of questions and just keep going through them, but glad to know I’m not the only one struggling!!
StarPlatinuum
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laurenmn1)
How do I best revise history? I’m studying the Cold War, Elizabeth, Germany and Medicine. Medicine is easy enough, but how do I memorise all the content for Cold War? There’s tonnes. 😬

** I mostly work with revision cards and posters, I’ve made all of these and now just need to learn the information

Mindmaps and flash cards helped me alot i have recently sat my history mocks another thing that helps is making a timeline with key infomation of important dates its good to know some factual background about these dates so that in a exam if they ask you what happaned after a certain date you will know what to write another thing that helped a lot was past papers as they help you to structure your anwser in a way so that you get all marks. hope this helps and goood luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads