The Student Room Group

What Should i revise first? (Maths Economics Psychology)

I am currently studying Maths Economics and PsychologyI am finding maths and Economics very difficult and often find myself procrastinating to revise. I am currently working at U grades and really don't have the motivation anymore to carry on as all my teachers are so negative however I don't want to quit as my exams are only 4 months away.is it possible to change my grades in this time?

Maths -I am resitting my C12 and D1 this year and was wondering if anyone had any useful revision tips as I really do want to do well.
should I start by revising C1 first then moving onto C2 or should I just do them all together?

Economics-I really am not that good with the content and feel as though because everyone else in my class already had done GCSE economics they were moving at a lot more of a quicker pace than me meaning I didn't have that strong an understanding than others now I am finding there are gaps in my knowledge and I can't seem to get my head around some of the content Anyone know how I could revise for this?

Psychology-This is my strongest out of the three subjects and the one I feel as though I should be okay in as I am currently working at a C grade level which I think I can improve further by the time exams come.However any useful revision techniques would be helpful as there is alot of content to learn.

If anyone has any useful revision websites for Maths Economics or Psychology I would be really grateful
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! I can only really help on the maths front but firstly I’d say revise all of your subjects at the same time as that will stop you from getting (as) bored and make sure you do something either in the morning or evening like going to the gym, going down to the shops etc. (Just to keep your mind fresh and get out of the house!) For maths I would make a formulae sheet of all the formulae and graphs and anything that stands out to you for C1 first. I would test yourself on it until you know this sheet inside out and then do questions. I would then do the same for C2, however, don’t forget to keep going with the C1 as otherwise it’s very easy to forget and then you just end up going around in circles! I have also made flash cards which I read every night to refresh topics to myself in all my subjects. Lastly I would definitely recommend getting the app alarmy which asks you mental maths questions when you get up in the morning! It may seem like torture to start with but even within a week you would be surprised with the difference it makes (that’s if you find it as hard as I do to get out of bed!)! Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest