GCSE french or sociology? Watch

Bekah_m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm picking my GCSE options soon and in the future, I want to be either a lawyer or doctor. I'm thinking about picking History, triple science and for my last option either sociology or french. What should I pick: french or sociology?
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which one do you think would enjoy more? sociology may be helpful but not necessary for law and a language is always a good gcse to have.
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly the difference is minimal - above all, when making your decision, think about which subject you enjoy most and are more motivated to get a good grade in. Personally I think French would be useful as many law applicants take language A-Levels or at least have some experience with languages although it isn't necessary. French would show your ability to communicate which would be quite good for Law. If you aren't planning to take either of those subjects to A-Level, at the end of the day it doesn't matter, so pick the one you like
(Some unis require C in a MFL at GCSE; however, this is more of a recommendation than a requirement, it's not the end of the world if you don't have it)
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sociology is amazing at gcse.
Bekah_m
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
which one do you think would enjoy more? sociology may be helpful but not necessary for law and a language is always a good gcse to have.
I don't really know much about GCSE sociology tbh . I like French and I'm in set 1.
Bekah_m
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralLuxe)
Sociology is amazing at gcse.
What's GCSE sociology like?
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bekah_m)
What's GCSE sociology like?
you literally just learn some definitions and most of it is just common sense. The topics I remember doing was family, crime and deviance, research methods(this one was quite difficult tbh) and a bit more. However if you’re in set 1 for French then you should probs stick to it. But I’m only saying sociology because 1. It’s easy. 2. Very interesting. I was so highly unmotivated then but sociology was one of the subjects that I worked hard on.
username3315892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do Sociology at A-level and coincidentally also want to be a lawyer lol. But in my opinion I think Sociology would help you more in social situations which law revolves around. French could help you if you work in France or within a french sector or translator perhaps. But go for Sociology, it will definitely compliment History and interlink here and there. xxx hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.97%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.77%