SpringDay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone I'm a Y11 struggle(r),
I am no prodigy or am I some alienated being; this means I like many others struggle and stress aimlessly.
This thread will mark the beginning of my end. Today I just had a 2 and 3/4 hour English literature paper for mocks and a 1 and 3/4 hour RS paper.
How did I do?
I wish I revised some topics more.

Topics?
English:
Unseen poetry: Autumn and Today
Poem comparison: Mother any Distance
An Inspector Calls: The character of the inspector used to show the ideas of how to improve society
RS:
Christianity and Buddhism practices and teachings

Before the exam how did I feel?
Stressed and nervous and it really does't help how people around you revise loudly and you mentally go "I don't know this. I've already failed"

Any incidents?
My nose started to to bleed just before the RS exam began so I took that whole exam tasting blood at the back of my throat and I missed my lunch break because of that. Conclusion, I felt as if I was a hungry vampire.

Conclusion:
Hopefully things will be better tomorrow!
SpringDay
Rep:
?
Exams Today:
45min Spanish Listening
1h 30 min Spanish Listening
1h 30 min Spaish Reading
1h 45 min Maths Non-calculator

How did I do?
It could have been worse.

Before the exam how did I feel?
I felt less stressed, don't really know why? It could be I've accepted that if I fail, I'll fail and have time to improve.

Any incidents?
Ran out of time in the maths paper TT
I could have got those questions as well because they were the topics I had revised well.

Conclusion:
Need to learn how to manage my time
kawaii sashimi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SpringDay)
Hello everyone I'm a Y11 struggle(r),

Topics?
English:
Unseen poetry: Autumn and Today
Poem comparison: Mother any Distance
An Inspector Calls: The character of the inspector used to show the ideas of how to improve society
Woah! i took my gcses in 2017 and we had the poem Autumn in our real gcse english literature exam (and maybe mother any distance too? i can't remember. it probably was if you're with AQA). Anyway, personally, i loved 'Autumn', it's a good poem and has a lot of poetic techniques, whether it be through language, form, structure e.t.c Although, i do remember being stuck on finding those things at first, for like the first few minutes after i read it. How did you find it? Did you like the unseen poems you were given? Tbh, the unseen poetry bit gives you a bit of freedomsince you've never seen them before.

good luck in the rest of your mocks and your real gcses!! get really stuck into revision now and don't have any regrets later! xx
SpringDay
Rep:
?
thank you for your support! I found the unseen poetry easier than the seen one. I hope I did well, I don't really like English nor am I good at it so Poetry is a challenge but nevertheless the fight will go on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads