The Student Room Group

World population is around 7.6 billion and expected to be 11.6 billion by 2100.

World Population Day - 11 July.
Original post by rrhr
World Population Day - 11 July.

One of the very few controversial views that I have is that people should take some form of test before being able to have children - one that cannot be taken below the age of, say, 21, and that the test ensures a child will be brought up in a stable environment.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
One of the very few controversial views that I have is that people should take some form of test before being able to have children - one that cannot be taken below the age of, say, 21, and that the test ensures a child will be brought up in a stable environment.

what about unplanned teenage pregnancies- hell, even unplanned pregnancies in adults? multiple births?
Reply 3
bump
This deeply saddens me. We're destroying our planet already it's only going to get worse, especially when idiots vote for idiots to run the largest and most powerful countries.

I agree.

Original post by bulgylau
what about unplanned teenage pregnancies- hell, even unplanned pregnancies in adults? multiple births?

A lot like to say "unplanned". My friend got pregnant three times within weeks all 'by accident'. They should increase sex and contreption education everywhere if they wish to reduce the genuine unplanned pregnancies.
Yet another nail in the evolution coffin.
Reply 6

And what are you going to do if people have children anyway? Sedate the mother and force an abortion? What about those who will hide their children, not send them to school etc so as to not be punished, then you end up with adults who won't be effective members of society. Or parents dumping/murdering their new born babies/at home abortions so they're not found out

What kind of questions? Can you imagine people 'revising for it'? What if they cheat and have a kid, repercussions? What if they just have a kid (who:s to stop them) are they immediately disregarded from state help? No test can really determine who can look after a child until they actually do imo and if you are thinking about financial situations being taken into account I think that would unfairly limit many who would want children.

I understand your viewpoint, as each child will have a fair chance in life but I do not believe that it can ever be properly implemented due to controversy and violation to human rights.

e.g why must a test written by another person dictate whether you can have a child?
(edited 6 years ago)
It's really concerning to see that the population is growing so fast alongside us destroying the planet so quickly :indiff:
It's not the planet that will be destroyed.If it comes to it then the planet has been here longer and will be here long after we're all dead.Population growth cannot go on unchecked.And if it comes to it nature will find some way to curb our population for us.Either there will be some mass pandemic like the influenza pandemic in the last century or some other method.Probably we'll have another world war over scarce resources and most likely wipe ourselves out.Earth will be just fine.Humanity on the other hand.....
Oh well, I'll be dead by then anyway. :dontknow:
I recommend Fred Pearce's book "Peoplequake"; refreshingly optimistic!
Asia has the horny *******s breeding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending