Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmm the title sounds stupid but just wondering if you know any good stores that are the least expensive but sell quality clothes.
    also wot does the average girl wear for university lol i dont wanna feel left out

ReputationRep:
    I pride myself on £5 jackets and £3 jeans. Oxfam is the way forward, people. However, I have recently perchased a disgustingly expensive pair of trousers from Topshop, which I don't even like that much. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackers)
    I pride myself on £5 jackets and £3 jeans. Oxfam is the way forward, people. However, I have recently perchased a disgustingly expensive pair of trousers from Topshop, which I don't even like that much. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    thanks lol but it'd be more helpful if the girls answered :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    the idea is that students are scruffy aren't they? buy into the hype don't bother buying anything new for the next three years (the sad thing is you probably won't be able to afford it anyway

ReputationRep:
    All I wear on a day to day basis is skinny-fit t-shirts and jeans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam_StarGirl)
    the idea is that students are scruffy aren't they? buy into the hype don't bother buying anything new for the next three years (the sad thing is you probably won't be able to afford it anyway
    well im living at home so no accomadation fees to pay, that leaves me wiv a bit of cash which will soon demolish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    All I wear on a day to day basis is skinny-fit t-shirts and jeans...
    the thing with jeans is they mostly look the same and i'd be worried that ppl think i wear the same clothes. do most uni students wear jeans then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    well im living at home so no accomadation fees to pay, that leaves me wiv a bit of cash which will soon demolish
    nice for some! in that case ebay is my tip

ReputationRep:
    nice for some! in that case ebay is my tip
    thanks yellowtaxi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    the thing with jeans is they mostly look the same and i'd be worried that ppl think i wear the same clothes. do most uni students wear jeans then?
    yeah, i guess so....all my jeans look different....i have some anti-fit levi's, then some normal bootcut topshop jeans, then some that are of a darker blue...there are loads of different styles!

ReputationRep:
    you want to go to freshmans if u wanna dress like a stereotypical "cool" student. its next to flares, its pretty cheap too.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i guess so....all my jeans look different....i have some anti-fit levi's, then some normal bootcut topshop jeans, then some that are of a darker blue...there are loads of different styles!
    yea i suppose ure right, all mine look the same probably coz i always get light blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    thanks yellowtaxi
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    btw does any1 know what type of jeans make you look older? its just that ppl think i look about 12 in flared jeans :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    btw does any1 know what type of jeans make you look older? its just that ppl think i look about 12 in flared jeans :confused:
    Erm, I can't think of a particular style that make you look older...I guess it depends on the whole outfit really...

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I can't think of a particular style that make you look older...I guess it depends on the whole outfit really...
    for college a wore pale blue tight jeans and a hooded sports top (womens style lol) but it tends to make me look younger think it was the jeans :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    for college a wore pale blue tight jeans and a hooded sports top (womens style lol) but it tends to make me look younger think it was the jeans :confused:
    I think hooded tops make people look younger....so it might've been that.

ReputationRep:
    I think hooded tops make people look younger....so it might've been that.
    could have been though i cant think of much else to wear im too narrow minded

ReputationRep:
    'margerat thatcher chic' is suppossed to be in, that has to make you look older

ReputationRep:
    'margerat thatcher chic' is suppossed to be in, that has to make you look older
    :confused: never heard of it lol but thanks

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.