Want an opinion on behaviour of a girl Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anon as people I know use these forums.

I'm male, for the record, and 18.

A few months ago I met a girl, had absloutly no friends in connection. Saw her around a couple of times, first time spent the entire evening making eyes at each other, the second chatted briefly but quite flirty; she then found me online and we started chatting quite a lot, and a week or so after i asked her to come do something, and we did, had a wonderful evening talked the night away etc. etc.
anyhow, kept talking and saw her again, she came round to my house and we watched a film, put my arm around her and such, and was good
nothing, just to clarify, "happened"
then a week later i went round her place and we had another fantastic night, but again nothing happened.
all the way through this we were both being very flirty and were perfectly comfortable with one another. we continued chatting on msn, and one night we were talking and it came up that actually, she likes this other guy (who she has no chance with), at which point i confessed that i liked her, and she seeemed somewhat surprised to say the least. we've since continued talking on msn and such.

the thing is. i don't see how she can't have worked out that i didn't like her "in that way" before i spelt it out to her. opinions? do you think its possible that she didnt? or is something a bit more complicated going on.
Anonymous #1
She is, just to add, not stupid in any sense of the word.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She may have pretended not to have noticed that you liked her because she was embarrassed at being put on the spot like that...?
lolaclementine
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
erm maybe she didn't dare think that you liked her... she's probabaly confused
but now you have told you you like her if something is going to happen it will happen, if not well there's plenty more fish in the sea
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mixed signals. Should've kissed her!
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well she told you she liked someone else. So obviously she only saw you as a friend and didn't pay attention to your "moves".
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She sounds like a bit of a **** who was just leading you on because she liked the attention :/
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
maybe she feels comfortable enough to act in that way around friends. how do you know the suprise is genuine? have you asked if its reciprocated?
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mm...girls aren't that naive...we can tell straight away if a guy likes us. She might be an exception but :\
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Nadinus)
She sounds like a bit of a **** who was just leading you on because she liked the attention :/
A **** that keeps her legs closed? :eek:
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Okay, **** was the wrong word, but it definately sounds like she was leading him on :\
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm with the colon and the backslash on this one.
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, she was probably leading you on man, some girls love to do that kinda stuff.
username156343
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea unfortunately you needed to be a bit more upfront earlier (like trying to kiss her or something) girls just think you want to be their friend if not (which is never the case obviously lol)
fuzzyduck
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can give a girl's point of view on this one - I'm not saying this is how she feels, or that you should pay much attention to what I'm saying, as it's just a possibility. But I have done the same thing, and it's not because I'm a tease, or anything like that.

She is probably lying about not realising you liked her. Unfortunately, it means she's probably not interested in you, but didn't really know how to say so. A little under a year ago, for some reason I attracted the attention of a few guys at once. I was flattered by the attention, but didn't really want to pursue anything with any of them. However, I didn't really know how to say so without hurting their feelings, and possibly led all of them on, without really intending to. A couple of weeks later I got together with someone, and was really relieved, as it gave me a cast iron excuse for not going out with any of these guys. I know I should have just had the confidence to say I wasn't interested, but I didn't know how.
Anonymous #1
Thanks guys. answer to various questions:
Absloutly no idea if the surprise was genuine but it didn't seem particuarly feigned.
As to making it obvious, to be quite honest I was being as blatent as possible without actually kissing the girl or telling her straight out that I liked her.

Question now is whether she was leading me on or was simply not pretending not to know...
Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, it doesn't really matter now does it? You've laid your cards on the table and the prerogative is entirely hers. Just let it go and pursue other things; she may well come back in time and reciprocate your affection.
Anonymous #1
Oh, you're quite right. But I'm just interested to know which it was really.
Sundous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She basically liked the attention you were giving her and it probably made her feel special, wanted etc. etc. while all this time she liked another guy. Then, she just gave you the signal indirectly that she doesn't like you in "that" way by telling you about her crush and act all "surprised" when you tell her you like her while it was pretty obvious.

So like already said, she was just using you for the attention probably =/

Just a theory though.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You put your arm around her and "nothing happened" and you dunno why she didn't realise you were attracted to her?

Two things:

1. Girls are attracted to guys who know what they want and know how to get what they want.

2. Guys who know what they want and get what they want don't 'like a girl' and put their arm around her and let "nothing happen".

There is the sum total of your problem neatly analysed.

Oh and on a side-note, for you to tell her you like her after she has told you about some guys she likes (ie. clearly clearly clearly put you firmly into the "friend-zone") is weak.

Bad luck! I'd probably advise letting this one go. If you decide you want her, then change your tack (big time).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.26%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
19.15%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
36.17%
There's nothing they could do (14)
29.79%

Watched Threads