'Plug' on snapchat offering half price uni accommodation.

Watch
TheRizzlaaMassiv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I met someone outside of my accommodation a little while back and they gave me their snapchat saying they were a 'Plug' and could do deals with cheap food deliveries, clothes online etc.. ive now just seen on his snapchat that he is offering half price uni accommodation? Has anyone done this? How is it possible and is it safe?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd be careful. I'm looking for houses now, and honestly, anything less than between £120-£100 makes me think something is wrong with it. Most student landlords charge as much as they can get away with, so make sure you book viewings and look through deposit terms etc
azizadil1998
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bit of a late reply but I'll tell you how these snapchat "plugs" operate. they purchase card details with security codes/billing addresses on the dark web with bitcoin, and using the balances on these cards they purchase whatever they advertise on snapchat for "half price" e.g. they'll order an iphone for you with someone else's card, and they make money since you transfer them the money for the iphone however they don't spend anything themselves.

basically i'd stay out of it - a lot of people in london shamelessly use this but know that you could be that unlucky person who gets caught because the person who's card details were used took it to the police/bank to investigate. ultimately it's directly traceable to you and there's no proof that the "plugs" were even involved.
(Original post by TheRizzlaaMassiv)
So I met someone outside of my accommodation a little while back and they gave me their snapchat saying they were a 'Plug' and could do deals with cheap food deliveries, clothes online etc.. ive now just seen on his snapchat that he is offering half price uni accommodation? Has anyone done this? How is it possible and is it safe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads