The Student Room Group

Registered Land and Leases

If the owner of registered land, grants a lease for 10 years and the option to purchase within 10 years are these binding?

Also if that owner sold the estate and that buyer then sold on but forged the deed of conveyance, would the previous owner still be binding?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

I suspect the reason you haven't had a response to this is because there would be so many variables .With regard to whether the lease is binding on a purchaser, the lease must be registered with its own title. If it hasn't been, it becomes equitable. It could take priority if protected as a minor interest but this is extremely unlikely to be the case. The only way it could take priory would be as an interest + occupation under schedule 3, para 2.The option could also be protected in this way.

Unable to help with the second issue I'm afraid.

Amanda Grant a.k.a. Bitesizlaw (private tutor Leicester). Find me on LinkedIn

p.s. If you found this helpful please consider giving me a positive rating. I would really appreciate it!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest