Edexcel Physics Module 4- Monday 21st January 2008. Watch

Westupper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So how did people find it? Anyone remember there answers? etc.....

I thought it waas easier than other papers-not a bad exam.
thelostchild
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea I thought it was pretty easy, although Q4 was slightly ambiguous in part b) (the one with the progressive and stationary wave)

all I can remember is the last question which was 714nm I think, or 712
Kashya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That wave question was horrible. There were a few tricky questions here and there but I dunno.I think I could have done better.

Loads of the calculation questions was "show that", which was excellent!

And that last question? Did everyone simply double their wave speed and stick it into the equation? I think I got 714ish nm.
Westupper
Rep:
?
I got 712 or 714 as second poster said, not sure which one, so that sounds good

Yeah the show that q's were ace, becauuse you know when they're right. Also for the SHOW THAT roughly 4KEV i just about realised they gave mass of electron at back.. I'm such an idiot, i wanted to leave the exam 10min early and my teeacher said stay, and check and i changed something from being right to wrong which lost me one mark lol. The last last question......
Westupper
Rep:
?
What was the wave question again?
bobbles_lass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wooo - not too bad (compared to some of the awful past papers!!)
Thought having so many show thats was excellent too :-)
Didn't like the question abuot showing the wave progression or whatever it was (maybe phase difference?)
712nm seems to stick out in my mind....though I wouldn't count on it - I have the skill of walking out of the exam room and forgetting everything I wrote in the last hour and a bit straight off!
Finally over halfway through my Jan exams!!
bobx2001
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kashya)
And that last question? Did everyone simply double their wave speed and stick it into the equation? I think I got 714ish nm.

yeah just used the v =Hd stuff to show that the increase in wavelength is double, I don't remember my exact answer but it was 700 and something.

I am still unsure about the last part of question 4 but the rest of it i thought was okay, fairly sure i got an A on that paper.
Westupper
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobbles_lass)
Wooo - not too bad (compared to some of the awful past papers!!)
Thought having so many show thats was excellent too :-)
Didn't like the question abuot showing the wave progression or whatever it was (maybe phase difference?)
712nm seems to stick out in my mind....though I wouldn't count on it - I have the skill of walking out of the exam room and forgetting everything I wrote in the last hour and a bit straight off!
Finally over halfway through my Jan exams!!
Really lol? I have 1 left tomorrow, chem module 4. Good luck!
Kashya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol. For the kinetic energy question I was getting like 3800ish eV and I kept thinking "Arghh! Why wont this work out!?"

Then I realised it was show that it was equal to KeV. Silly me!

I didnt think of V= HD. That would have made sense! Though mine was very similar, just took me longer to write out. I just said all galaxies have been expanding since the big bang so time is the same. So time= Distance/Speed. If galaxy Y has travelled twice the distance then it must have travelled twice as fast. Then I used change of wavelength/Wavelength = Velocity/Speed of light. Sorted!
bobbles_lass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol. For the kinetic energy question I was getting like 3800ish eV and I kept thinking "Arghh! Why wont this work out!?"

Yep!! I did the same thing :-)

oh, and for the questio that was which bit of the EM spectrum did a certain wavelenght fall into, what did people put - I really didn't know!!
thelostchild
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

oh, and for the questio that was which bit of the EM spectrum did a certain wavelenght fall into, what did people put - I really didn't know!!
I put visible light
Westupper
Rep:
?

visible light!!!!
Kashya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

I wrote visible light. They were trying to trick us! They wrote 6.5* 10^-7. Thats the same as 650 * 10^-9. If they had wrote that you would have immediately known "visible light".
Kalashnikov
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
First of all, question 4 was hell

I messed up the mass spring experiment question , I don't know why it didnt come to my head that all you needed to do was displace and measure T...EVEN THOUGH I'VE DONE THE EXPT 100 TIMES! I wrote some next **** from the top of my head, then realised what I had done when I left the exam hall. Thats 4 marks down the drain.

I hope It doesnt cost me the A grade...
thelostchild
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the grade boundaries for what I've seen usually end up about 42ish for an A so aslong as your above that you should be fine
bobx2001
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah it says in the books that 400 - 700 nm is visible light
puzled
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
-10^-7 i put visible light
Kashya
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kalashnikov)
First of all, question 4 was hell

I messed up the mass spring experiment question , I don't know why it didnt come to my head that all you needed to do was displace and measure T...EVEN THOUGH I'VE DONE THE EXPT 100 TIMES! I wrote some next **** from the top of my head, then realised what I had done when I left the exam hall. Thats 4 marks down the drain.

I hope It doesnt cost me the A grade...
Dont worry about it! I didnt answer the graph question even though as I left the hall I realised "h is constant! Arghh".

But dont worry. Its over now, and you've probably done well enough in the other questions.
bobx2001
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

I didnt think of V= HD. That would have made sense! Though mine was very similar, just took me longer to write out. I just said all galaxies have been expanding since the big bang so time is the same. So time= Distance/Speed. If galaxy Y has travelled twice the distance then it must have travelled twice as fast. Then I used change of wavelength/Wavelength = Velocity/Speed of light. Sorted!
i got around 3600 KeV and I checked it few times. did anyone else get 3800 ?
Westupper
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobx2001)
i got around 3600 KeV and I checked it few times. did anyone else get 3800 ?
On the top of my head i got abt 3.69kev
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.35%
No (292)
75.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed