I need advice deeply on my IGCSE quantity

Watch
tanalana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know strongly that I'm taking IGCSE English first language , mathematics, geography , biology and art/design . I had an issue when I had to switch subjects 6 months in the 2 year course, I changed my old subject which is drama to global perspectives, is it safe to change 6 months in? now in I'm less than one year until the globals written exam and I been informed by my teacher that when I entered globals the other students are in groups doing a project which is apart of the syllabus and its being assessed . He didn't tell me that the project was being assessed by Cambridge. Im worried about my global perspectives grade overall.
I have 5 solid IGCSE subjects that I will be doing and I have one language IGCSE,
is it safe to take IGCSE global perspectives due to my issue ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tanalana)
I know strongly that I'm taking IGCSE English first language , mathematics, geography , biology and art/design . I had an issue when I had to switch subjects 6 months in the 2 year course, I changed my old subject which is drama to global perspectives, is it safe to change 6 months in? now in I'm less than one year until the globals written exam and I been informed by my teacher that when I entered globals the other students are in groups doing a project which is apart of the syllabus and its being assessed . He didn't tell me that the project was being assessed by Cambridge. Im worried about my global perspectives grade overall.
I have 5 solid IGCSE subjects that I will be doing and I have one language IGCSE,
is it safe to take IGCSE global perspectives due to my issue ?
Ok have looked it up for you.

Talk to your teacher. You will need to be assigned to a team. They might not want you, but you have to pull your weight. Its unlikely may have progressed far, but I would catch up on this and give it priority.

There are always tasks you can do and take off other team members. You need to be prepared to work hard for a short space of time.

The team element is worth 5% and its only max 300 words. Its all about collaborating with your other team members.

The reflective individual element is 750-1000 words and worth 30%.

It is achievable in 3-6 weeks imo. Nothing to worry about but understand the spec. very doable, but get going.

It is here at 7.3 and well explained.

http://www.cambridgeinternational.or...0-syllabus.pdf

http://www.cambridgeinternational.or...pectives-0457/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (23)
10.13%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (135)
59.47%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (31)
13.66%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (33)
14.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.2%

Watched Threads