The Student Room Group

Routes I can take to become a midwife

I'm currently in year 11 and due to take my gcses, I've recently had a baby so am off school and will be returning to take them. Leaving with A grades is out of the question because of the amount of education I've missed but am hopeful I can at least leave with either C/B grades. I have my heart set on becoming a midwife and woujd like to know what grades, college course etc I will need. Is going to university the ONLY way to be a midwife or is there any other route I can take?
Original post by Papayapai
I'm currently in year 11 and due to take my gcses, I've recently had a baby so am off school and will be returning to take them. Leaving with A grades is out of the question because of the amount of education I've missed but am hopeful I can at least leave with either C/B grades. I have my heart set on becoming a midwife and woujd like to know what grades, college course etc I will need. Is going to university the ONLY way to be a midwife or is there any other route I can take?

Midwifery is a degree-only course now so yes, you must go to university.

Following your GCSEs you can do A Levels, BTEC or an Access course depending on your preferences.

If you look at some universities online, they will all list their entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending