Question for Christians (and other religion if you want)

Watch
username3715802
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I already asked this question on the relationship forum and though asking here would result in more answers.

Would you marry a person that had sex with multiple individuals before meeting you? This was during his teenage years and now he is adequate Christian.

Can state your religion when you answer pls
laura.mary
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes because when you become a Christian you are born again, starting a new life! Hope this helps

Laura (Christian)
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I might have some qualms about it but generally speaking sure, why not? If it's in the past, then it's in the past
LegalDiaries
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by scottsmith)
I already asked this question on the relationship forum and though asking here would result in more answers.

Would you marry a person that had sex with multiple individuals before meeting you? This was during his teenage years and now he is adequate Christian.

I am a Christian.

I will be honest in my answer. My answer is I DON'T KNOW.

On one hand, we are all sinners made perfect by the grace of God. All of us have sinned before in different ways and each of us has done something that they are not proud of. Because of that, God requires us to extend the same grace we receive from him to other people around us. The Bible expects us to forgive past transgressions and to recognise that when we become born again, we become new creatures; the old has gone and the new has come.

On the other hand, my selfish human nature has a lot of questions for that prospective partner? Will they always compare me to their sexual partners? Have all ties been broken? What about sexually transmitted demons? What is their reputation in society? Will it be awkward etc?

So to answer you, I dont know. It is something I would take to the Lord in prayer for his guidance.
Racoon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by scottsmith)

We can come into relationships with all forms of baggage from past relationships and this can effect our new relationships moving forwards. One of the problems is soul ties which can happen when teenagers have crossed the line with various partners and don’t know how to make things right.

http://www.terri.com/4-indicators-of-wrong-soul-ties/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DC06B38B9BC83A

As it says, soul ties are formed through sex before marriage, physical intimacy.

I think the thing to do is chat with someone at your church, perhaps the pastor/victor who works with the Students.

I'm a Christian.
username4265394
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends. If he did it before converting, yes, because now he is forgiven and doesn't do it any more.
If he did it while already a Christian, no, since it would make it very debatable whether he is actually a real Christian. And I, as a Christian, will not marry a non-Christian. It would be a source of way too much disagreement.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vanniehof)
Depends. If he did it before converting, yes, because now he is forgiven and doesn't do it any more.
If he did it while already a Christian, no, since it would make it very debatable whether he is actually a real Christian. And I, as a Christian, will not marry a non-Christian. It would be a source of way too much disagreement.
What is he was a christian and sinned, left the religion and then converted back?
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me i wouldn't mind but I would prefer someone who hasn't had sex but that's just me
username4265394
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
What is he was a christian and sinned, left the religion and then converted back?
That's hard. I think so, but it would make the possibility that he leaves again even greater. So actually I don't really know ... let's hope I never have to choose...
S-man10
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vanniehof)
That's hard. I think so, but it would make the possibility that he leaves again even greater. So actually I don't really know ... let's hope I never have to choose...
So its kind of a hack, no? Lets say you were raised as a christian but after a while felt disillusioned and unsatisfied and therefore ended up leaving the faith.

whilst out of it you sinned a lot. Maybe his intention was to leave so he could sin since you could also be come back and forgiven.

But then he realised he was wrong and returned.

Also why is it likely they would leave again be greater? Why join in the first place if you think you'll leave? Moreover, marrying a christian like you, wouldn't it make more sense that he actually ends up staying this time because his environment has changed?
joe3456789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We are made righteous and blameless through the grace of Jesus whether we sin before we were born again or after. So in the eyes of God, if he accepts Jesus, this is not an issue. I am a Christian btw. Ultimately it is up to your preference and what can live with, but I would say having someone who has a strong faith is more important than what they did in their past.
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd marry any female tbh
username4265394
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
So its kind of a hack, no? Lets say you were raised as a christian but after a while felt disillusioned and unsatisfied and therefore ended up leaving the faith.

whilst out of it you sinned a lot. Maybe his intention was to leave so he could sin since you could also be come back and forgiven.

But then he realised he was wrong and returned.

Also why is it likely they would leave again be greater? Why join in the first place if you think you'll leave? Moreover, marrying a christian like you, wouldn't it make more sense that he actually ends up staying this time because his environment has changed?
I'm just saying, I'm not sure.
Well, if you leave once, who says you won't leave twice?
Yes, it's true his environment would change so maybe he'd stay.
I just honestly don't know.
JaydorIV of Nott
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I (as a christian) wouldn't, simply because I personally want to marry a virgin.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, so long as his past didn't include threesomes or anything violent.
I'm lazy catholic.
rasputshealthbar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. I don't marry thots x

But on a serious note, I was raised with Orthodox Christanity (Syriac) and Sunni Islam, so premarital sex is still a huge taboo to me. I have no problem with others engaging with it, but I don't want to marry a guy who's done it.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JaydorIV of Nott)
I (as a christian) wouldn't, simply because I personally want to marry a virgin.
Would you marry someone just as religious as you who had been married before and their spouse had died?
JaydorIV of Nott
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Would you marry someone just as religious as you who had been married before and their spouse had died?
probably not, I'd still prefer a virgin.
christislove
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JaydorIV of Nott)
probably not, I'd still prefer a virgin.
well, i'm a guy (so i'd be a marrying a girl) and I'm Christian. I would marry whoever God gives me (shows me in a dream,vision, prophecy, etc) to be with, virgin or not. I would prefer a virgin but if not, I'd be happy to do God's Will, marrying someone who had lost their virginity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (896)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed