shirley7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm applying to uni this year and have had conditional offers from all 5 universities. I will be putting down a firm choice and insurance choice soon. Do I apply for accommodation when I get my results in the summer or do I apply now?
space hopper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That depends entirely on the uni. They will probably let you know pretty soon after you accept them as your firm. I had to wait until I had got my results (York uni) but most of my friends going to other unis had already been allocated accommodation by this time.
Quinion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The universities should tell you individually if and when you need to apply. My firm made everyone put down their choices by July; my insurance didn't ask anything of me until results were published so they knew who was coming. Just reply to your offers for now, if you hear nothing from them about accommodation for ages and you feel worried then check on your firm and insurance unis' TSR pages for the normal procedure, but we can't help you on a general forum because it's different everywhere.
space hopper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You may get an answer to this if you post in the uni-specific sub-forum for your firm choice. People at the uni will know their procedure for accommodation allocation.
Clefeen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it all depends on the individual university. As far as I'm aware, once you've chosen your firm and insurance, your firm will send you the relevant forms to complete and return. I expect this will be around April/May time for most people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads