The Student Room Group

2nd rejection

Who wants to join my pity party? I’m not getting into uni and I’ll never be good enough hmu if you want to buy me as my next move is self-human trafficking.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat_mac
Who wants to join my pity party? I’m not getting into uni and I’ll never be good enough hmu if you want to buy me as my next move is self-human trafficking.

I'd love to buy you. However, your reason for wanting to sell yourself is too sad for me to do so. There's still three more to go and even if you don't make them you can always apply for clearing on results day as long as you work hard! It may be too late to change things with your application but there are still other things that you can do to improve your future!

What course did you apply for?
Original post by cat_mac

It's far too soon to say this. Just be patient.
Reply 3
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
I'd love to buy you. However, your reason for wanting to sell yourself is too sad for me to do so. There's still three more to go and even if you don't make them you can always apply for clearing on results day as long as you work hard! It may be too late to change things with your application but there are still other things that you can do to improve your future!

What course did you apply for?

Fingers crossed! I’m wanting to study forensic psychology.
I’m not getting in because I’ve done an apprenticeship (level 3) and universities don’t really value them. I took a long shot and applied anyway because it should be an equivalent to 3 a levels, and I worked hard for three years studying on it, but it just aint enough.
Does it say that the universities you applied to defeinitely accept the apprenticeship? If they do, then there really shouldn't be a problem. You should contact the unis if all of your options are rejected.
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV
Does it say that the universities you applied to defeinitely accept the apprenticeship? If they do, then there really shouldn't be a problem. You should contact the unis if all of your options are rejected.

I contacted them beforehand because I didn’t want to waste my time applying if there was no chance and they said they “like to consider every application on an individual basis, taking into account your entire profile, including your qualifications, experience and enthusiasm for study” so I thought i’d give it a go. I’ve asked one what I could do to maybe be able to get in next year 😐
Reply 6
At this rate, sure! Haha.
Hopefully at least one has mercy on me 🤞
Ay im sure someone will take you (hopefully its a uni aha) itll be fine your still waiting on two
Reply 8
Fun update, 4 rejections in now. Just waiting on Kent and it’s not looking good folks. Planning on living in the mountains with a herd of goats who can’t reject me in any language I understand.
youre a beg
Original post by cat_mac
Fun update, 4 rejections in now. Just waiting on Kent and it’s not looking good folks. Planning on living in the mountains with a herd of goats who can’t reject me in any language I understand.

You have UCAS extra + Clearing too, try to stay focused and smash your exams
Original post by cat_mac

The rejections were bound to happen as you could see it coming yourself what qualifications did you get from your apprenticeship? I wouldn't give up though apply for lower ranked universities as their entry requirements tend to be lower.
im actually helping tho
Reply 13
Original post by Black Cat
The rejections were bound to happen as you could see it coming yourself what qualifications did you get from your apprenticeship? I wouldn't give up though apply for lower ranked universities as their entry requirements tend to be lower.

It’s a level 3 btec, but the way they give credits is different to btecs so it looks like it’s worth less. I’m going to apply for extra, just not sure which Uni’s might accept me. Back to the drawing board!
Good luck, there is always clearing this year if it doesn't go according to plan. Have you considered trying a foundation year?
(edited 6 years ago)
Don’t panic people , there was a time I was sitting on 5 rejections and now I am a postgrad @ a Russell group. 5 rejections does not mean an immediate route into the sex slave industry. Have faith but don’t fret , there’s plenty of options out here ! Good luck x
Reply 16
Original post by merlynnn
im actually helping tho

Settle down bois I feel bad enough that I need everyone on the internet to console me 😭😂
**** off you moist beg
Original post by cat_mac
Settle down bois I feel bad enough that I need everyone on the internet to console me 😭😂

We're on an internet forum and the beg thinks that shortening words means Ive got bad grammar lol

Anyway just follow up on my advice, UCAS extra costs money though
Original post by cat_mac
It’s a level 3 btec, but the way they give credits is different to btecs so it looks like it’s worth less. I’m going to apply for extra, just not sure which Uni’s might accept me. Back to the drawing board!

BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma? Some universities prefer straight A-levels also if you didn't get Distinctions then I would imagine you having a hard time securing anything. I did a BTEC and got in so you should be able to as well. All depends on the course/university.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending