being insecure about height Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I won't state my height, because I'll just get a load of replies saying things like "oh you're lucky im only 5'5 so stop complaining" but anyways,

I'm in Year 12/6th form and we wear suits, and feel small compared to others, like most of the girls in year 10 and 11 either the same height or taller. So I wanna know.. What are the chances of me growing a few inches taller in the remainder of year 12, year 13 or even after that, as I don't want to feel like this in Uni. And my dads 5'11 so I'm hoping to at least reach that height. Taller people definitely get more respect, can intimidate when they want, and you form better first impressions of taller people! Now I know this may sound like complete crap, and naive, but it's how I feel rn. Also did any of you grow a few inches in 6th form/college years?

Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gagagogo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  badboy.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  42.6 KB
jarjarbinkss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh you're lucky im only 5'5 so stop complaining
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
FFS

It's not about height, it's about projecting confidence.

The taller they are, the harder they fall.

Suck it up or be prepared to be owned by a bad ass midget.
gagagogo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  cheese.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  36.4 KB
gagagogo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dum dum im only 3'4 so ur lucky
ParkHyungSuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I won't state my height, because I'll just get a load of replies saying things like "oh you're lucky im only 5'5 so stop complaining" but anyways,

I'm in Year 12/6th form and we wear suits, and feel small compared to others, like most of the girls in year 10 and 11 either the same height or taller. So I wanna know.. What are the chances of me growing a few inches taller in the remainder of year 12, year 13 or even after that, as I don't want to feel like this in Uni. And my dads 5'11 so I'm hoping to at least reach that height. Taller people definitely get more respect, can intimidate when they want, and you form better first impressions of taller people! Now I know this may sound like complete crap, and naive, but it's how I feel rn. Also did any of you grow a few inches in 6th form/college years?

Thanks
The grass is always greener on the other side.
LaFleur786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gagagogo)
dum dum im only 3'4 so ur lucky
Well I'm only 1'4 so succ it
LaFleur786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
FFS

It's not about height, it's about projecting confidence.

The taller they are, the harder they fall.

Suck it up or be prepared to be owned by a bad ass midget.
Yeah you're right, thanks
Hazard28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if it makes you feel any better i knew a few friends who had late growth spurts in sixth form and ended up being 6ft+ when I was taller than them before. but at the end of the day there's not a lot you can do about it. learn to appreciate what you have. there are people born with severe disabilities or living without arms or legs.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some very tall women who married and dated much shorter guy's:

Cameron Diaz
Liv Tyler
Charlize Theron
Carla Bruni
Stacy Keibler
Rhia Durham
Ari Cooper
Clare Grant
Claudia Schiffer
Nicole Kidman
Katie Holmes
Uma Therman
Padma Lakshmi
Alessandra Ambrosio
Tina Fey
Janet Jackson
Sophie Dahl
L'Wren Scott
Penny Lancaster
Adrianne Curry
CallumTSR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here is a serious answer for you mate. I have grown 2 inches since I have been in college from 6'2-6'4 and a lot of men continue to grow until they are in their 20's. So you will be fine mate don't worry about. I know guys who are the smallest in the room but they project confidence and friendliness and it draws people in
Farhan.Hanif93
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will probably grow to your Dad's height, OP. Relax. Even if you don't, it doesn't have to matter - if you feel inferior just because you're shorter, that's on you.
SovietVodka901
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks
Taking the fact you said you are the same height as most girls in year 10/11 i'm going assume your between the 5' 4 - 5,7 mark. You referenced your dads height so i am assuming your a male. I don't bare much good news since most men stop growing at 16 years old. There are exceptions. I would look at all the men in your family, how many of them were/are short? If most the men in your family are tall and your concerned about your height, you may benefit from going to the doctor as something could be halting your growth.

If it is that this is just your height then there are many ways to learn to love yourself. A short male has just as many advantages as a tall male. At the end of the day its about personality not height. If you go round been angry because your upset about been short, people will not like you. If you just be nice to people they will see past your height.

If it makes you feel any better my old school friend is the same height as me 5'4 and he has never encountered many problems due to his height.
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
Some very tall women who married and dated much shorter guy's:

Cameron Diaz
Liv Tyler
Charlize Theron
Carla Bruni
Stacy Keibler
Rhia Durham
Ari Cooper
Clare Grant
Claudia Schiffer
Nicole Kidman
Katie Holmes
Uma Therman
Padma Lakshmi
Alessandra Ambrosio
Tina Fey
Janet Jackson
Sophie Dahl
L'Wren Scott
Penny Lancaster
Adrianne Curry
Tina Fey is like 5'5 that doesn't count as tall 😂
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I would answer you question about the chances of you growing taller but you didn't mention your lifestyle habits such as diet, sleep, amount of physical activity, medication, supplements you take, maintaining posture etc so I can't give you a real idea. Besides, you need to check if your growth plates are closed but you need an X-ray because if they are closed then it would be really difficult although the growth plates for boys close between 16 to 25 but it's different individually. If they're not closed, then use aromatose inhibitors such as 15 to 30mg of zinc with 1-4mg of copper to slow process of closing growth plates, you can also find it in cruciferous vegetables such as brocolli, cabbage and cauliflower
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alexschmalex)
Tina Fey is like 5'5 that doesn't count as tall 😂
Hey shortie.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
>Doesn't state own height even though wants advice on how to deal with height insecurity
>Height insecurity is only an illusion that can only be overcome by the OP
>This thread is pointless.
>Wasted 1 min of my life typing this shiz.
>FML
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
>Doesn't state own height even though wants advice on how to deal with height insecurity
>Height insecurity is only an illusion that can only be overcome by the OP
>This thread is pointless.
>Wasted 1 min of my life typing this shiz.
>FML
I actually didn't ask about how to deal with being insecure about it.. I asked what the chances are of guys growing a few inches in sixth form and if any of you did. But oh well, sorry if I worded it badly.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I actually didn't ask about how to deal with being insecure about it.. I asked what the chances are of guys growing a few inches in sixth form and if any of you did. But oh well, sorry if I worded it badly.
I think I grew about an inch and a half...so around 4-5 cm from when I was 16 and now (18).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (194)
73.21%
Jeremy Hunt (71)
26.79%

Watched Threads