The Student Room Group

Jobs for 13 year olds

Iam 13 living in walsall wood and really want a job but can find one is there any jobs near me that I could do it really just looking for news round jobs
Original post by Yara_sweey
Iam 13 living in walsall wood and really want a job but can find one is there any jobs near me that I could do it really just looking for news round jobs

A paper round is probably your best bet - have you enquired in any of the newsagents near you or anything? :smile:
Original post by Yara_sweey

Like has been said in a lot of other threads- Pretty much everywhere wont take on under 16's. A) because of all the rules that surround employing school kids and B) you dont have a national insurance number until you are nearly 16.
A paper round is probably your best bet.
Walsall Wood is 10 minutes down the road from me, what a small world :smile:
hi i'm 13 looking for a job as my family are having problems with money at the moment and i want to help them my mum is also struggling and i want to help so any job that are in my aria will take them because i want to help out as soon as i can
Yeah I would do it
Original post by 17thopkins18
hi i'm 13 looking for a job as my family are having problems with money at the moment and i want to help them my mum is also struggling and i want to help so any job that are in my aria will take them because i want to help out as soon as i can

When you apply for places, make sure to have a good CV, there might not be a lot to write on there but you can give examples of being a hard worker or doing things extra-curricular which you've gained skills from. Just having a CV at only 13 will really help show you are serious about wanting a job. Make sure to tell them you know you're young and unexperienced but you're really willing and keen to learn. Your best bet is to try and find seasonal work at places such as small takeaway businesses or being a kitchen porter (cleaning dishes etc.) You could also try having a clear out of things you don't need / use anymore and try selling them. Also offer family / neighbours to clean / mow lawns / dog walk for cash if you can. I know these all sound like really boring jobs but when you're so young you have to start wherever you can. I am sorry that your family are struggling with money, I know how difficult it can be and you may feel helpless but if you can't get a job and you've tried, don't stress about it. Maybe just try helping out round the house more to take away some of the stress in your family. Good luck
Reply 7
hey ! i don’t know about jobs speficially in ur area but i just turned 14 and to make money i babysit often, and work and do people’s chores eg mow grass/ clean their homes, also car washing/ dog walking/ selling ur old sh*t online completing online surveys make/ save a lot of money, hope this helped
I come from cullompton and I am 13 looming for a job Anything will do
what are the best jobs to get when living in barking and dagenham. i dont think they do paper rounds here
heyy im 13 and really want a job and i want one mainly in acting and have heard lots about 13 year olds acting in films or tv series i just dont know where to get the job and how to :frown:( can anyone help
You could possibly print out posters and have that you will do dog walking or maybe pet sitting because I’m sure some people need it if they go away on holiday or something similar
Original post by Willyg.01
I come from cullompton and I am 13 looming for a job Anything will do

I believe there are people who want pet sitters or dog walkers so maybe try in that department

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending