MHoC Awards for Parliament XXV Watch

DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

MHoC Awards for Parliament XXV

The time has come around again to do MHoC awards for the previous parliament.

The awards will be the same seven as last time:

1) Debater of the Parliament
The member whose sheer wit and dazzling persuasion have left you in absolute awe.

2) Newbie of the Parliament
A member who, though unheard of six months ago, has made the best impression since then.

3) Award for Best Legislation
A showstopping tract of legalese that made you go all weak at the knees.

4) Comedian of the Parliament
Awarded to the wittiest member whose contributions always give the House a few lighter moments.

5) Drunkard of the Commons Bar
The MHoC's resident drink lover who can do a superb Eric Joyce impression.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality
The nicest member of the House.

7) The Speaker's Award (The Order of Gaitskell)
An honorary award for the member who's most caught my eye during the 25th Parliament.

The first 6 of these are awarded by popular vote of MPs. People can nominate one another for these awards by PMing me before 6pm on Tuesday 16th Jan, when voting will begin.

Nomination rules
* Users may make nominations for as many of the awards 1–6 as they wish, please make it clear who is your nominee for which award.
* Only one nominee per user per award.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to me, do not post them in this thread.
* I will not accept nominations coming from users who did not post in the MHoC during parliament XXV
* "Newbies" must not have posted meaningfully in the MHoC before the start of MHoC XXV
* No nominating yourself!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No one really stands out from last term for anything so I won’t be making any nominations.
TCFactor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hazzer Obvs.
mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aph)
No one really stands out from last term for anything so I won’t be making any nominations.
I'm with you no one really stands out :/ this is going to be tough
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have cast my nominations.
TCFactor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Btw, someone nominate me.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I won’t be making any nominations because I’ve only joined the house recently ( a month and a bit before the election) though it will be interesting to see who is nominated. Good luck
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DayneD89)

MHoC Awards for Parliament XXV

The time has come around again to do MHoC awards for the previous parliament.

The awards will be the same seven as last time:

1) Debater of the Parliament
The member whose sheer wit and dazzling persuasion have left you in absolute awe.

2) Newbie of the Parliament
A member who, though unheard of six months ago, has made the best impression since then.

3) Award for Best Legislation
A showstopping tract of legalese that made you go all weak at the knees.

4) Comedian of the Parliament
Awarded to the wittiest member whose contributions always give the House a few lighter moments.

The MHoC's resident drink lover who can do a superb Eric Joyce impression.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality
The nicest member of the House.

7) The Speaker's Award (The Order of Gaitskell)
An honorary award for the member who's most caught my eye during the 25th Parliament.

The first 6 of these are awarded by popular vote of MPs. People can nominate one another for these awards by PMing me before 6pm on Tuesday 16th Jan, when voting will begin.

Nomination rules
* Users may make nominations for as many of the awards 1–6 as they wish, please make it clear who is your nominee for which award.
* Only one nominee per user per award.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to me, do not post them in this thread.
* I will not accept nominations coming from users who did not post in the MHoC during parliament XXV
* "Newbies" must not have posted meaningfully in the MHoC before the start of MHoC XXV
* No nominating yourself!
can we have no one on all the votes?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DayneD89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
can we have no one on all the votes?
No, I would take that to be against the spirit of the awards tbh.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going to predict winners to be:

Some lefty because they'll blob
Whiggy
Probably one of the worst pieces that was poorly written and did really *****y things
Connor or Joe
Haz
Saunders or Ed, despite their cheating
If deferred to Rakas, Saunders, if Dayne gives it, god knows.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DayneD89 if you have been nominated for best newbie previously can you be nominated again?
DayneD89
Rep:
?
(Original post by joecphillips)
DayneD89 if you have been nominated for best newbie previously can you be nominated again?
Not really, simply because they would not meet the entry requirements of not having meaningfully posted before the start of the parliament if they had been nominated before.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not really, simply because they would not meet the entry requirements of not having meaningfully posted before the start of the parliament if they had been nominated before.
The Newbie Award nominations are often misjudged. I was a joint winner last time, even though the only posts I had made in that term was when I joined a party. I was nominated for the award because of the month or two after the term it was for.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ask because that has been one of the most debated awards for the past 2 terms and having a different speaker each time hasn’t helped things and I believe that a nominee from last term will be nominated again.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would recommend you reject anyone nominated for the Newbie Award last time.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
I would recommend you reject anyone nominated for the Newbie Award last time.
Are you expecting nominations for comedian of parliament?
DayneD89
Rep:
?
(Original post by joecphillips)
I ask because that has been one of the most debated awards for the past 2 terms and having a different speaker each time hasn’t helped things and I believe that a nominee from last term will be nominated again.
I will try to check nominations then.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I will also not be making nominations. I feel the House hit a low point last term, and I was not active enough to see the sparks of light which must have existed.

I am making this fairly redundant post to express my hope for this term based on what we've seen thus far.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Rather than following this semi-boycott, expect a PM soon Dayne. Legislation I already know I think....
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) A weaker field but Fez was probably the best of anybody in a leadership position, Connor was briefly impressive for the two months or so after his return before he fell to the dark side again. TDA would have probably beat both if he were more active. Personally i think my defense in the MoNC was better than both.

I'll go for Fez.

2) This should go to Saunders however you people stupidly voted for him last time so i refuse to vote for him. Catus however was the only newbie of real note (perhaps AidenJ) although both are quite weak.

I'll go for Catus.

3) Most of the stuff submitted to me was stuff i consider sub-par with hideous formatting and lazy research and last terms winner was extremely poor (it should have been one of my bills but i naturally could not submit) however there have been some that were at least of reasonable quality if a little dull.

I'll go for B1304.

4) The main laughs i had last term were the result of witnessing LP and Connor argue.

I'll go for Life Peer.

5) Skype has destroyed the Common's Bar. For at least arguing against this last term Jammy should be in peoples thoughts or TBM for actually posting in there still.

I'll go for Jammy.

6) As per the number of members they have that have been around a while i'd say that the Liberals and Tories have the nicest members and that was certainly my experience from seeing all your sub-forums. To pick one from last term i'd say that Coffee and LifeIsFine are probably most deserving.

I'll go for Coffee largely because of the next question (i dislike giving awards to multiple people).

7) If the speakers award is going to go to people that have gone above and beyond then it should go to those who are unsung heroes and perhaps a suprise for some i think that the two members most deserving are.. Nige (Shock, Horror!!!!) and LifeIsFine.

Although i had a wide array of contacts i used to keep tabs on people and events these people went above and beyond. Nige was instrumental in stopping the Green-Libertarian merger (something that i could not act on as a political event but that i considered very bad for the House) including supplying me with evidence of borderline wrongdoing on the parts of one or two members while LifeIsFine was instrumental in wider and prolonged intelligence gathering allowing me to head of two or three events that could have caused the House instability. Both were also instrumental in hunting dupes and giving me the evidence i needed.

Either has a good case but Nige was still self serving from time to time while LifeIsFine silently did more for order in the House than most of you will ever know.

I'll go for LifeisFine.

I will try to check nominations then.
My nominations are in bold for each one, point 7 is completely up to yourself of course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.47%
No (67)
98.53%

Watched Threads