The Student Room Group

The King James Bible Is The True Word of God !!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drummond
That's b*ll*cks!

Well prove that he's wrong.
That's b*ll*cks!

The irony that you are able to state that KJV is the word of God and then say that my statement is b*ll*cks does not even register with you.

How can you prove that KJV is the word of God? You can't, we just have to take your incorrect word for it.

How can you prove that I don't have a signed copy of the bible? You don't have to, we just have to take your word for it.

You are always correct. Even when you're proven wrong.
How do you know? If you are reading the wrong instruction manual, how can you put it together in the correct order? And if the instruction manual is for something else, then it is no better than a Chinese take away menu and then what?

If it is an instruction manual for something else rather than for the thing that is trying to be made then it does not have the same basis for it.

(It doesn't have the same foundation as the other thing since it is totally different.)

But Most bibles have the same basis where people are practising that bibles ways of getting closer to God or doing what God has said.

For example, if one bible tells you to pray for God every day after your first meal, and another after your second meal. What is the difference except for that you are praying at different times of the same day? Same amount of praying each day for the different people reading different bibles. Both would, most likely, be fine with God.
Reply 83
Original post by cat_mac
I see your point, but I don’t understand how the ‘right’ bible would be chosen or who would have the power to make that decision?

What’s your opinion of preachers and other missionaries? Do you believe the lord works through them or is it another case of someone else’s opinion?

I think that there are a few preachers who have some good messages which are worth listening to, definitely. But then there are many many more who have completely the wrong message and unfortunately these get the big followings. You can only listen to others for so long before you come to understand that you have to seek God by yourself. This is because, doing the word of God is too hard for most people, because they can not give up Satans comforts, so they follow what others are saying and doing, and find comfort in the words of certain speakers, instead of listening to what God is saying.
Reply 84
Original post by Pigster
The irony that you are able to state that KJV is the word of God and then say that my statement is b*ll*cks does not even register with you.

How can you prove that KJV is the word of God? You can't, we just have to take your incorrect word for it.

How can you prove that I don't have a signed copy of the bible? You don't have to, we just have to take your word for it.

You are always correct. Even when you're proven wrong.

I only said *******s because you said testicles, you're reading in to it too much.
You can only listen to others for so long before you come to understand that you have to seek God by yourself.

Bingo ! And there it is again, perfect example of the mind manipulating brainwashing strategy in action.

"You have to seek God"

No wider thinking than that.

Drummond is limiting your thinking, trying to manipulate your thinking so that you only consider that option to the detriment of all others.

What if it is something else we need to be seeking?
What if the common perception of "God" is wholly wrong, a purposeful deception by a corrupt religion?
What if "God" isn't this "person" but just the true source of life, life energy from which everything is made?

Please stop trying to restrict our thinking Drummond.

Shame on you
I think that there are a few preachers who have some good messages which are worth listening to, definitely. But then there are many many more who have completely the wrong message and unfortunately these get the big followings. You can only listen to others for so long before you come to understand that you have to seek God by yourself. This is because, doing the word of God is too hard for most people, because they can not give up Satans comforts, so they follow what others are saying and doing, and find comfort in the words of certain speakers, instead of listening to what God is saying.

What if God told me something different to what he told you?
Original post by TrueBruce

And that's the basic problem with all versions of the Bible and for that matter all other religious tomes.

No "God" would use such confusing and frankly stupid methods to assert his word.

God could have etched his word into a mountain side. He doesn't need paper or pen or fickle men to do his writing.

That's why none of it makes sense or stands up to scrutiny.

THINK wider than "God" and the "Bible"
Reply 88
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Bingo ! And there it is again, perfect example of the mind manipulating brainwashing strategy in action. "You have to seek God"
No wider thinking than that.

Drummond is limiting your thinking, trying to manipulate your thinking so that you only consider that option to the detriment of all others.

What if it is something else we need to be seeking?
What if the common perception of "God" is wholly wrong, a purposeful deception by a corrupt religion?
What if "God" isn't this "person" but just the true source of life, life energy from which everything is made?

Please stop trying to restrict our thinking Drummond.

Shame on you

Its not me saying it, its Jesus saying it. You have to search within yourself to find God. Not among others. So how does going to church or mosque once a week help with that, unless they are teaching you to do this?

If you believe that you need to search for something else then go search, i've no problem with that.

What is the common perception of God? That He made us and can be our Father if we do what He says? What is wrong with that?

Why would i not believe that God is the true source of life?
Reply 89
Original post by TrueBruce

Then i would check what he told you against His word, the KJB.
Only the BISEXUAL KING! #slay
Reply 91
I bet Pilgrim is currently writing a marathon post in reply, this is a nightmare.
Its not me saying it, its Jesus saying it. You have to search within yourself to find God.

Yet again you attempt to limit thinking.

I reject your awful attempts to do so. It is shameful to do that to human beings, your brothers and sisters.

No-one should have blinkers placed on them and then be frog marched by fundamentalists like yourself down a singular track of thinking. No-one.

People should consider more personal and open questions.

Who am I?
What am I exactly?
Is the real me really here or somewhere else controlling this body?
How does Nature make such diverse things from the same Earth and Water?
Why does nothing seemingly last in nature?
How should human life really be lived?
Shouldn't we actually live in perpetuity?
What are we missing/lacking that makes us perish so quickly?
What abilities do I have as a human over and above the five senses?
Are there more senses? How would I find them?
What seems a decent way to behave in society?
Does it really matter what I eat if in the end it is all just energy?

and so on

No need whatsoever to mention God, religion, religious works, other people's views. We can all ask ourselves such questions and go looking for answers.

What absolutely stifles and shuts down THINKING is someone like you suggesting that none of the above is needed and that we should just seek God. What equally stifles THINKING is someone like you suggesting that the only truth is that in the Bible. That is utterly pious and arrogant.

We are free to THINK

Do not attempt to restrict our thinking.
Reply 93
Original post by monkeyman0121
If it is an instruction manual for something else rather than for the thing that is trying to be made then it does not have the same basis for it.
But Most bibles have the same basis where people are practising that bibles ways of getting closer to God or doing what God has said.

For example, if one bible tells you to pray for God every day after your first meal, and another after your second meal. What is the difference except for that you are praying at different times of the same day? Same amount of praying each day for the different people reading different bibles. Both would, most likely, be fine with God.

Yeah but monkeyman, that's exactly what they are not doing, that's the big problem here. They are not searching for themselves, they are seeking to hear the opinion of others who are not doing what is right.

We need to be speaking with God regularly, checking in with Him all the time, rather than speaking with friends and family. We need to be checking in with God each time even before we speak with friends and family understanding the third commandment.
Reply 94
Original post by assassinbunny123
The king James bible was published by the church of England in 1611 (flaws already).... The church of England accepts and uses the following on a Sundays:
1. The Revised Standard Version (RSV), originally published in the USA in 1952
2. The New International Version (NIV), copyrighted 1973-1984
3. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB), published in 1985
4. The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV), an inclusivized revision of the RSV, published in an anglicized version in 1989
5. The Revised English Bible (REB), published in 1989
6. The English Standard Version (ESV), published in 2002

Turns out not all of them have the same scriptures, have words taken out and/or added in. Your bible was corrupted is corrupted because of the church and will continue to not be the true word of god.

I agree that churches corrupt. How can the KJV corrupted by the church if the church does not use it? There is a big difference with the understanding of Christians during and after the reformation, to what there is now. Hence why Christians were killed by Rome in their millions.
Yeah but monkeyman, that's exactly what they are not doing, that's the big problem here. They are not searching for themselves, they are seeking to hear the opinion of others who are not doing what is right.

We need to be speaking with God regularly, checking in with Him all the time, rather than speaking with friends and family. We need to be checking in with God each time even before we speak with friends and family understanding the third commandment.

There is a point where you take religion too far and if you are talking to God (praying and other methods.) more than talking to other people that has crossed the line. God did not create life just so that he could get thanks from them. (You don't help people just so that they can thank you for it.)

I would expect God to want all of the life he has created to do what they feel is right. Praying and worshipping God is an important aspect of religion but that is not all it is about and is not all you should do.

Also, no one truly knows who or what God is. No one really knows what God stands for. We can only guess by using the bibles as guides. How do you know other people are doing it wrong, just because they are doing something different from you. Without knowing for a fact that your method is the only right method you can't say their method is wrong.
Reply 96
There is a point where you take religion too far and if you are talking to God (praying and other methods.) more than talking to other people that has crossed the line. God did not create life just so that he could get thanks from them. (You don't help people just so that they can thank you for it.)

I would expect God to want all of the life he has created to do what they feel is right. Praying and worshipping God is an important aspect of religion but that is not all it is about and is not all you should do.

Also, no one truly knows who or what God is. No one really knows what God stands for. We can only guess by using the bibles as guides. How do you know other people are doing it wrong, just because they are doing something different from you. Without knowing for a fact that your method is the only right method you can't say their method is wrong.

This creation has gone bad, so what God is saying is that He is going to destroy this creation and begin again. The next creation, everyone who is in it, will live eternally with God. God is going to destroy everything and everyone in this world, apart from those who come to Him in faith. Like for instance, what's the point of recycling is its all soon to be burned? Why have love for a creation which God tells us to hate? Its what's in our thoughts and the intentions of our hearts that matters.
Reply 97

Gods people will only recycle for bin space and not to do a good deed for the world if you can understand?

Gods people believe in their hearts and trust in God that He is about to destroy this creation and if they believe otherwise with other intentions in their hearts then how can they be with God?
This creation has gone bad, so what God is saying is that He is going to destroy this creation and begin again.

Oh dear !

This doesn't gel at all with the notion that "God" is perfect, or all-knowing, all-powerful etc.

How many times will that have been that this "God" has f***ed up?

Didn't the same thing happen with the Great Flood. Planetary genocide conducted to scrap it all and start again?!

You have to be utterly stupid to believe this kind of Billy BS.

You're a snake oil salesman Drummond and the curtain has been pulled back on your arguments so many times that it's now pretty embarrassing.

I'm not interested in the mind manipulating "Campaigns Of Fear" that you peddle. It's an age old tactic to try and frighten people into believing stuff. Happens everywhere from Big Pharma pills, potions and vaccines to expensive insurance policies.

No loving God would engage in such activities.

You are peddling lies. Shame on you.

This world will go on and on.

Mankind with its exponentially developing technology may well damage it. We may have nuclear wars who knows.

But NATURE will continue.

We are nothing to NATURE. She just continues to make and recycle stuff as she always has, including us.
I agree that churches corrupt. How can the KJV corrupted by the church if the church does not use it? There is a big difference with the understanding of Christians during and after the reformation, to what there is now. Hence why Christians were killed by Rome in their millions.

The KJV was created by the church.... :colonhash:
if you agree that the church corrupt then you also agree that the bible is corrupt. including the KJV version. End of discussion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending