The Student Room Group

Dear OCR

Ocr, if your reading this I would love to thank you.
First of all, I want to say thanks helping me waste 20 hours of my life working on this course for when I could just study computer science more. However, within these 20 hours, I have learnt different ways to overcome problems in python and I think it would help me within my future life. But I still think its just a waste to scrap the coursework as many of us have spent long and hard doing it.
@HateOCR is this why you also hate OCR? 🤔
So they have cancelled it?
@Lemur14 feels weird that it's been scrapped. not too long ago we were slaving several thousands of words and lines of pseudocode :rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by w3o4
Ocr, if your reading this I would love to thank you.
First of all, I want to say thanks helping me waste 20 hours of my life working on this course for when I could just study computer science more. However, within these 20 hours, I have learnt different ways to overcome problems in python and I think it would help me within my future life. But I still think its just a waste to scrap the coursework as many of us have spent long and hard doing it.

OCR isn't to blame - Ofqual is.
Original post by AryanGh
@Lemur14 feels weird that it's been scrapped. not too long ago we were slaving several thousands of words and lines of pseudocode :rofl:

Over 23,000 words :tongue: I absolutely loved writing mine though so it's a shame it's been scrapped! I understand why they had to even though it's unfortunate.
(My sister on the other hand is celebrating :giggle:)
Original post by MarcusEmery
So they have cancelled it?

Yes. You still have to complete it, but the mark does not count towards your final grade.
Computing coursework was one of the best and worst things that ever happened to me in my life, it's a shame it was so easy to exploit, meaning some others could effectively cheat the system and make it bad for the whole country's cohort.
Reply 7
Original post by MiszShortee786
@HateOCR is this why you also hate OCR? 🤔

Just hearing their name makes me suffocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending