Gender Neutral Bathrooms?

Watch
Cod3tte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
Personally, I do not like the idea of this.
I feel like if bathrooms were gender neutral sexual assault could easily take place, on both genders.
What's your viewpoint?
theantiparticle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel uncomfortable using them but they improve the lives of the trans and non-binary community so its worth it.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would sexual assault be more common with gender neutral bathrooms than sex separated bathrooms? Assault of any kind of likely when a victim is alone. If a person or persons wanted to assault someone of the opposite sex do you think a sign at a door is going to stop them?

I'm perfectly fine with gender neutral bathrooms. I've had to use women's bathrooms before out of necessity (men's either being full, broken or locked). No difference between them.
NatKH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cod3tte)
Are you for or against?
I feel like if bathrooms were gender neutral sexual assault could easily take place, on both genders.
What's your viewpoint?
It doesn't bother me. I'm not going to assume any sexual misconduct would take place but if they do implement gender neutral bathrooms and it becomes a problem then maybe it's not such a good idea. It's better to be all inclusive though
yelir
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you need gender neutral bathrooms? take a look below you and see what it is you have - then go to the bathroom that matches your sexual organ, it's not hard.
Cod3tte
Rep:
?
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Why would sexual assault be more common with gender neutral bathrooms than sex separated bathrooms? Assault of any kind of likely when a victim is alone. If a person or persons wanted to assault someone of the opposite sex do you think a sign at a door is going to stop them?

I'm perfectly fine with gender neutral bathrooms. I've had to use women's bathrooms before out of necessity (men's either being full, broken or locked). No difference between them.

The sign may stop some people. What I'm saying is it makes it easier for these predators to carry out assault.
ParkHyungSuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
What's your viewpoint?
I think you're a tad bit obsessed with gender neutrality - you literally just made a thread about this.
Alex Fierro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im completely for it.
NatKH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
I think you're a tad bit obsessed with gender neutrality - you literally just made a thread about this.
Oh yeah, ha! I didn't realise it was the same guy
Cod3tte
Rep:
?
(Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
Maybe, but it helps me with social sciences you see, getting different opinions from people.
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
I feel like if bathrooms were gender-neutral sexual assault could easily take place, on both genders.
What's your viewpoint?

Gender segregation is wrong because...

Why teach kids single-sex bathrooms are acceptable? These bathrooms threaten the safety of transgender students or any students who feel confused about their gender. All single-sex bathrooms do is institutionalize the traditional definition of gender that is extremely detrimental to our society. ALL students have feelings, and all deserve to feel safe and comfortable in their own school.
Cod3tte
Rep:
?
(Original post by NatKH)
Oh yeah, ha! I didn't realise it was the same guy
***Same girl
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
What's your viewpoint?

Yes, because it can educate students about the issue;

By having gender-neutral washrooms introduced at a young age, it provides youth with the confidence that people in the LGTBQ+ community are 100% acceptable and if they are not comfortable using a "girls" or "boys" washroom that is fine. It also teaches them not to discriminate and harass towards the community, while making the community feel safe in their schools.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
What's your viewpoint?

Yes, they should, because

Despite the many arguments that say a school is not a place for students to explore their sexual identities, they should feel safe. Saying that children do not have a right to feel safe in their learning environment is against the first and Ninth Amendments to the United States Constitution. The First Amendment permits the freedom to express, protest, and speak out. Students have a right to express themselves as they choose, and that includes LGBT+ students. The Ninth Amendment says that the government cannot take away rights not listed in the Constitution. Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say that students should be safe and comfortable at school. But it is basic knowledge that if kids are not provided with a learning environment where they feel welcomed, they don't learn. Obviously, there are precautions, for instance, students should check in with staff before using the bathroom, and it should be regulated. But who are we to deny children the right to a gender-neutral bathroom if they are uncomfortable? Nobody, that's who.
Bernie2016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by theantiparticle)
I feel uncomfortable using them but they improve the lives of the trans and non-binary community so its worth it.
Surely the potential assaults that could occur to 99% of the population outweigh trans people feeling "uncomfortable".
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
What's your viewpoint?

I don't see why not

Most school bathrooms are just toilets/urinals, so it's not as if people can stare at each other without being extremely obvious and being called out. At the very least, this adds an extra place to go for those times when all the bathrooms are backed up. Gender neutral restrooms weren't designed for transgender individuals, it just means that anybody can use it, and they aren't going to be called out for it.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you for or against?
What's your viewpoint?
Against because I thought men's toilets were bad 'til I used a gender neutral bathroom after a disco night. Turns out I didn't know what 'bad' was. The experience damn near put me off the punani.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope, not going to further the destruction of the ideas of sex, if you want to go to a gender neutral bathroom go to the disabled bathroom.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think they're wrong and disgusting I mean imagine the sexual assaults that could happen that can't currently happen in lifts, train carriages, buses, classrooms and other places where the sexes mix. Even Saudi Arabia is relenting to the LGBT+ fascist brigade now. :fuhrer:

This post may be sarcastic and not remotely serious. Please take with a pinch of salt (or pepper if that's the way you swing).
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aadilkharl123)
Yes, because it can educate students about the issue;

By having gender-neutral washrooms introduced at a young age, it provides youth with the confidence that people in the LGTBQ+ community are 100% acceptable and if they are not comfortable using a "girls" or "boys" washroom that is fine. It also teaches them not to discriminate and harass towards the community, while making the community feel safe in their schools.
Well it also teaches people that sex is a made up concept, if you have certain chromosomes and have certain genitalia you go to the mens bathroom because you are a man and vice versa

This is the biggest problem with the new radical change of Gender now being so far removed from Sex wheras it was once mostly used to mean the same thing, Man means a biological thing but somehow now a "feeling" you cannot change your sex and you are born as either a man or a woman (bar genetic anomalies that are rare but those are totally different cases) we already have disabled toilets for both sexes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
61.02%
No (77)
20.7%
Not sure (68)
18.28%

Watched Threads