By asking people online.
Work hard

Spoiler

Original post by arizonaidiot
Work hard

Spoiler

and efficiently. Work smart not just hard :smile:
Reply 4
You get what I mean.Working smart,diligently and efficiently all come under the category of hard work.
Don't listen to what anyone says, do what you think you should doing.
My predicted grades are A*A*A*A + A* EPQ even though I just moved to the UK before starting Year 12 so I still strugle with me English.
E.g. people say take notes (I never have done)
Reply 7

Find out how you learn best in terms of understanding and retaining info; do lots of practice questions; always reflect on what you do; keep on coming back to things so you don't forget; don't procrastinate; don't halfheartedly do revision; stay organised; prepare properly for exams; know exactly what you need to know; don't overwork yourself; give yourself some time away from studying.....

loads more stuff, just think about it, make sure you're doing stuff for the right reasons.
@Hammad(214508) how?[/QUOT

My friends (the one's not from UK) and me believe that in the UK education (at least at this level) is about memory more than understanding. As I said I didn't speak english I just memorised the stuff and got A*. Every day I look what we did in the lesson and I practise answering questions, then every weekend I read through the stuff again(improve memory) and then each half term I go through all of the stuff of that term again (again for memory).
making sure I knew all the key words, and know how to answer questions
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by J77mie
How to get 4 A* at A Level?

depends on your subjects. so u need to give us a more in depth explanation.
Reply 11
Be able to accurately and quickly recall whatever you need to recall, have plenty of past paper practice behind you, and perform well on the day
Reply 12
Original post by Complex-machines
depends on your subjects. so u need to give us a more in depth explanation.

Maths
ECONOMICS
GEOGRAPHY
BIOLOGY
Working smarter still requires the brain to use more energy to better understand concepts and hence,the brain needs to work harder.I see what you are talking about though.
It's simple, you need 3 virgin pigs to sacrifice to the God of A-levels. Turns out 2 of my pigs were shagging so I only got 3 A*s, people tried to tell me it's because I only did 3 subjects but obviously
It was the God of A-levels punishing me for not keeping an eye on my naughty pigs. Don't make the same mistake I did, keep your pigs separated before the sacrifice and you'll be fine.
You could google any advice given on here btw.. idk why hearing it on student room makes any difference lol

be proactive m8
so maths is more or less understanding and getting used to the style of questions. if u do lots of pastpapers and revise on your mistakes in pastpapers, u will be able to get A*.

Econ is about some memory and understanding as a whole. you need hard revjsion and learn adv and disad for this and that. after that you have to practice your essay writing skills for econ and improve your time management skills.just write a 10 mark or 20 mark essay on each topic.
sorry i dunno about biology/geography
hope this helps

Quick Reply